- Romelu Lukaku has agreed to sign a new five-year contract at Everton, which will see him earn in excess of £100,000 per week.
- Luis Suarez says he didn’t want the responsibility of captaining Liverpool, saying he prefers to keep a low profile and doesn’t relish making decisions.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- West Ham and Arsenal are considering a move for Middlesbrough defender Ben Gibson at the end of the season.
- Arsenal will resist offers from rival Premier League clubs for Alexis Sanchez if they are forced into selling him this summer.
- Tottenham are hopeful Danny Rose will return to first-team action soon after this month’s international break.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Toni Kroos will “become frustrated if Real Madrid’s season ends without a trophy win”, according to reports.
- Rafa Benitez targeted players who would display “effort and attitude” last summer in order to address Newcastle United’s away form – and to ensure they return to the top flight.
- Aleksandar Mitrovic has been left out of Newcastle United’s squad for tonight’s game against Reading.
- Birmingham City have offered a trial to non-league goal-scorer Jevani Brown and could play him in their U23’s game with Leeds United tomorrow.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Mick McCarthy has claimed that Wolves would have avoided Premier League relegation if he wasn’t sacked during the club’s disastrous 2011/12 season.
- Cameron Borthwick-Jackson has to show a “lot more” to force his way into Wolves’ first-team plans, Paul Lambert has stated.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Martin Caceres has put himself in the race to win a full first team debut at Tottenham after announcing his Saints arrival with a stylish display and a clean sheet in front of an expectant St Mary’s.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- Andy Robertson will quit Hull in May whether they beat the drop or not – and spark a £10m race to sign him, according to reports.
- Blackburn Rovers head coach Tony Mowbray revealed he has held talks with owners Venky’s for the first time since taking charge.
- England midfielder Danny Drinkwater has publicly declared his support for Craig Shakespeare, saying he would be “a good fit”.
SOUTH WALES EVENING POST
- Paul Clement has revealed the only time he previously celebrated a goal with as much gusto as Swansea City’s winner at Burnley was when he was on the way to winning the Champions League with Real Madrid.
- Kyle Naughton will undergo a scan on his hamstring injury tomorrow with Swansea City hoping the defender does not face a spell on the sidelines.
- Paul Williams is effectively on gardening leave at Swansea City with no resolution over the former assistant manager’s position at the club.
- Derby County will not hold talks with players out of contract this summer until the season is over, according to manager Steve McClaren.
- Nicklas Bendtner says he is delighted to have joined “the epitome of a stable club” after leaving Nottingham Forest to sign for Rosenberg
- Brentford striker Lasse Vibe has paid tribute to former Nottingham Forest forward Bendtner.
- Sources close to Aitor Karanka believe the club still trust in his work and insist the Middlesbrough boss remains positive, calm and determined about the challenge ahead.
- Reading are expected to welcome the biggest crowd of the season at Madejski Stadium when they take on Newcastle on Tuesday night.
- Brighton are set to swoop for Norway international Vegard Forren as centre-half back-up after losing Shane Duffy to injury.