LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Tottenham are one of a number of English clubs following the progress of Portuguese midfielder Joao Carvalho, who belongs to Benfica.
- Antonio Conte insists he wants to manage Chelsea for several years and confirmed plans to bring his family to London next season.
- Mesut Ozil today revealed he had wanted to stay at Real Madrid prior to joining Arsenal but Arsene Wenger persuaded him to move.
- Frank Lampard insists John Terry will not tarnish his legacy at Chelsea if he plays for another Premier League side, as long as it’s not Tottenham.
- Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic will ask the club’s board not to cash in on their best players if they fail to win promotion.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Sergio Aguero’s “best-ever” performance against Huddersfield has convinced Pep Guardiola that the Argentine must stay at Manchester City.
- Liverpool target Julian Brandt has opened the door to a summer exit from Bayer Leverkusen – and believes Bundesliga youngsters can “find their feet” by moving abroad.
- Tony Bellew has backed an Everton move for “world-class” Wayne Rooney this summer.
- Everton wanted to sign Eric Dier on a permanent deal but were eventually priced out of a move for the defender.
- Steve Bruce has revealed how he abandoned a planned sabbatical to join Aston Villa.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Tony Pulis has refused to respond to the claim that he has failed to repay a penny of the £3.7m he owes Crystal Palace.
Super-Agent Jorge Mendes made a cool £1.3m from the deal that brought winger Helder Costa to Wolves, Benfica have revealed.
- Stoke boss Mark Hughes has given newcomer Saido Berahino a huge vote of confidence by revealing the £12m striker is even better than he first thought.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Claude Puel insists he is not under pressure to play Martin Caceres, despite Saints forking out to bring him in for the rest of the season.
- The frontrunner for Rangers’ director of football role, Saints’ head of scouting and recruitment Ross Wilson will make Ibrox chiefs wait a little longer for his answer.
- David Raya says he wants to repay the faith Blackburn Rovers have shown in him after signing a new contract extension.
- Tony Mowbray admits he has been ‘hugely impressed’ by all aspects of Blackburn Rovers since taking on the job just over a week ago.
- Leicester City midfielder Matty James has leaped to the defence of his club-mates after the sacking of Claudio Ranieri.
SOUTH WALES EVENING POST
- Paul Clement has given Lukasz Fabianski his full backing ahead of the crucial clash with Burnley, and told the Swansea goalkeeper not to dwell on his mistake at Chelsea.
- Jamie Mackie wants to be at QPR for the rest of his career but knows an injury now could end that ambition.
- Derby County’s players need to take more responsibility during matches, admits goalkeeper Scott Carson.
- Boss Gary Brazil says a decision over midfielder Jorge Grant’s Nottingham Forest future has yet to be made.
- Barnsley could provide a short-term blueprint for how Bolton operate in the next few years, according to chairman Ken Anderson.
- Bournemouth’s Joshua King acknowledges Manchester United gave him an excellent grounding – but insists he has no affinity to the club.
- Rangers remain hopeful of having a new management team of Ross Wilson and Pedro Caixinha in place as early as next week, Sport Times understands.