President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday approved the appointment of new executives for the Bank of Agriculture.
The announcement was made in a statement issued by Blessing Lere-Adams, Deputy Director of Information at the agriculture ministry.
According to the statement, the new heads include an interim managing director and other executive directors.
The statement informed also that the appointment was as a result of the Federal Government’s determination to reposition the Bank of Agriculture to be a more efficient and result oriented institution.
The appointed heads, according to the statement, include:
- Kabiru Mohammed as interim MD/CEO;
- Prince Akenzua (South-South), Executive Director, Corporate Finance;
- Okenwa Gabriel (South-East), Executive Director, Partnerships and Strategy;
- Ameh Owoicho (North-Central), Executive Director, Credit and Empowerment;
- Bode Abikoye (South-West) Executive Director, Credit and Empowerment.
She said that the appointments would support the Buhari administration in achieving its vision in the agricultural sector, adding that it would promote easy access to funds needed to boost farming across the country.
Mrs. Lere-Adams said: “These appointments are as a result of the Federal Government’s determination to reposition the Bank of Agriculture to be a more efficient and result-oriented institution.”
“The strategic re-positioning of the BoA will enhance farmers’ access to agricultural funds that will be profitable for large and small-scale players.
“This is because the availability of funds will no doubt increase production, which will eventually result in self-sufficiency.”