Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has admitted his family are finding it difficult to cope without him but has no plans to quit London and return to Italy.
Earlier this week, reports in Italy claimed that the 47-year-old is homesick and is looking to leave Stamford Bridge after just one season to join Inter Milan
‘My situation is very clear, I have a contract with Chelsea, you are trying to build something important with the club, for the present, for the future, I think the situation is very clear,’ he said.
When asked specifically if he had received any offer from Inter, Conte replied: ‘Me personally? No.
‘I repeat, the only problem for me is this season is the family is missing me, for sure.
‘My family stay in Italy, I am working for the future to try to bring them here, and to try to stay together.
‘The family is missing me, this is the truth.’
Conte’s wife Elisabetta and their daughter Vittoria originally intended to move to London in January but this has been delayed until the summer.
The change of plan served to fuel the rumours in Italy but the former Juventus and Italy manager said on Friday he wished to stay at Stamford Bridge for many years.
‘If you ask my opinion,’ said Conte. ‘I hope to stay and work a lot for this club, to win a lot with this club.
‘Every coach, when you start working at a new club, you hope to stay many, many years because it means you are working very well.
‘You have the possibility to improve your players, to improve your team, and to grow together. I think this season we are doing this.
‘We are putting great foundations down for the present and, above all, for the future.
‘So it is normal for every coach to hope to stay many years in a club, and to work to improve your players and reach great results; and to win.
‘But you know, especially with memories fresh from Claudio Ranieri, you have to be ready for anything.’