MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Vincent Kompany is not playing for Manchester City because Pep Guardiola prefers ball-playing centre backs.
- Anthony Martial hasn’t been moody at Manchester United while speculation over his future has been rife after his time spent on the bench, says Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Per Mertesacker has warned Arsenal “desperately” need to improve their defending to have a chance of knocking Bayern Munich out of the Champions League.
- Southampton’s £40m-rated centre-back Virgil van Dijk is reportedly being chased by Liverpool but former Reds manager Brendan Rodgers has revealed that he tried to sign the Dutchman.
- Aiden McGeady admits his Everton career is all but over.
- David Moyes says his Sunderland side are struggling to deliver when expectation is on them to secure a Premier League win.
- Steve Bruce has already admitted that he could abandon his new-look formation less than a fortnight after introducing it at Aston Villa.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Wolves boss Paul Lambert has dismissed Rafa Benitez’s call for an FA investigation into Wolves fans for songs they directed at Jonjo Shelvey.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- Marco Silva will take his Hull City side away on a warm-weather training camp in Portugal this week confident that their Premier League survival bid is firmly on track.
- Eddie Howe says Bournemouth can take inspiration from two “standard-bearing” performances as they head into tonight’s clash with Manchester City.
- Andy King has told Leicester City’s doubters it would be naive to question the strength of Claudio Ranieri’s squad.
SOUTH WALES EVENING POST
- Federico Fernandez has revealed he is close to signing a new contract at Swansea City.
GET WEST LONDON
- AFC Wimbledon’s Paul Robinson believes current disciplinary laws need changing following teammate Tom Elliott’s sending off for excessive celebrating in Saturday’s draw with Charlton.
YORKSHIRE EVENING POST
- Pontus Jansson could be forced to miss Tuesday’s league game against Bristol City after being taken ill on the morning of Leeds United’s 2-0 defeat to Cardiff City.
- Middlesbrough have announced that season ticket prices will be frozen for the 2017/18 season.
- Gary Bowyer paid tribute to Blackpool’s “terrific” pace and power after they bagged their long overdue first league win of 2017 in style at Carlisle.
- Brighton goal centurion Sam Baldock has likened Solly March to Andros Townsend and says his potential has no limits.
- Dave King, the Rangers chairman and major shareholder, today confirmed the Ibrox club could bring in an interim manager to take charge of the team until the end of the season.