MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Real Madrid could make a move for Man City defender Nicolas Otamendi if Pepe leaves the club at the end of the season, according to his agent.
- Manchester United want to tie Jose Mourinho down for another five years at Old Trafford – regardless of whether they finish in the top four.
- Jose Mourinho has told certain players who performed in the win at Blackburn after the game they will start in Wednesday’s Europa League second leg at Saint-Etienne.
- Man City could face competition from rivals Chelsea in the race to sign Monaco midfielder Thomas Lemar.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Tottenham expect Schalke will buy midfielder Nabil Bentaleb on a permanent basis for £16m in the summer.
- Jan Vertonghen has praised the huge strides forward Harry Winks has made since breaking into Tottenham’s first team.
- Nathan Ake says he is aiming to learn every time he steps onto the pitch alongside Chelsea’s “great players”.
- Andre Ayew says he is ready to help West Ham during the Premier League run-in after finally putting his thigh injury behind him.
- Jurgen Klopp has warned Liverpool to be aware of a potential backlash from next opponents Leicester.
- Everton winger Gerard Deulofeu declared that his hard work had paid off after he netted his first goal on loan at AC Milan.
- Yakubu has tipped Everton midfielder Idrissa Gueye to become even better next year after hailing him as being “the signing of the season”.
- Sunderland must learn to live without a targetman following Victor Anichebe ‘s injury, says David Moyes.
- Steve Bruce reckons Henri Lansbury “can’t tackle a fish supper” as the Aston Villa midfielder runs the gauntlet at Newcastle United on Monday evening.
- Released Birmingham City defender Paul Caddis is training with Portsmouth in the hope of impressing enough to earn himself a contract.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Former West Bromwich Albion prodigy Izzy Brown does not regret leaving the Baggies as a teenager even though he’s only made one first-team appearance for Chelsea in the past four years.
- West Brom training remains as tough as ever under Tony Pulis, skipper Darren Fletcher has confirmed, as the gaffer refuses to rest on his laurels.
- Stoke chairman Peter Coates is hopeful of seeing Bruno Martins Indi remain long term and of watching him climb up the rankings of the club’s greatest centre-half pairings.
- Eddie Howe has tipped Cherries midfielder and current Rangers loanee Emerson Hyndman to develop into “a great player”.
- Leicester City defender Ben Chilwell has been accused of being too scared to take a throw-in during the FA Cup defeat at Millwall.
- Scott Carson is still hoping Derby County can drag themselves back into play-off contention this season.
- Derby County are set to battle it out with Norwich City for Exeter City starlet Ollie Watkins in the summer, according to reports.
- Kevin Nolan has hailed the impact of Shola Ameobi and says the bustling striker’s ability has been a key addition to Notts County’s attack
- Nottingham Forest legend Stuart Pearce could be in line for a return to management after being linked to the role of India Under-17s coach.
- West Brom midfielder James Morrison thought he would stay at Middlesbrough for his entire career – until he was told he was no longer wanted.
- Craig Noone insists he can feel the good times coming back at Cardiff City – and says he wants Neil Warnock to stay to make sure of it after admitting the veteran boss is proving his worth.
WIGAN EVENING POST
- Wigan Athletic’s spot-kick hero Matt Gilks was left to reflect on an ‘all right’ debut in the goalless draw against Preston
- Striker Yann Kermorgant says he hopes he can use his past experience of winning promotion from the Championship for Reading FC’s end-of-season run-in.
- Sam Baldock believes Glenn Murray is worth every penny of the £3 million Albion paid for him – even at 33.
- Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder insisted he would not swap his players for any others in the division following their top of the table clash with Scunthorpe.
- Bristol City have been linked with a summer swoop for PSG youngster Fode Ballo-Toure, according to French Media.
- Gustav Engvall’s proposed loan move to Swedish club Djurgarden is entirely dependent upon the severity of the injury suffered by Bristol City striker Tammy Abraham last week.
- Juventus midfielder Mario Lemina has been tipped to leave the club this summer, with Premier League sides Crystal Palace and Watford expressing an interest in signing him.
- Rangers will this week step up their search for a new boss and a director of football following Sunday’s shambolic defeat at Dundee.
- Former Valencia boss Pako Ayestaran says he is happy to be linked with the managerial vacancy at Rangers.