MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester City have slammed the door shut on Sergio Aguero leaving the club this summer.
- City are preparing a summer bid for Sporting Lisbon midfielder William Carvalho after he joined Pep Guardiola’s brother’s agency, according to reports.
- Bayern Munich star Douglas Costa has claimed he has had offers from the Premier League – which he has described as the ‘best league in the world’.
- Porto are interested in potentially signing Manchester City loanee Yaw Yeboah on a permanent basis, according to reports.
- City loanee Eliaquim Mangala has criticised his own Valencia team-mates for their lack of fight in their shock 4-0 defeat to Eibar on Sunday.
- Jurgen Klopp’s failure to take Joe Hart on loan ‘could cost Liverpool’ according to pundit Tony Cascarino.
- Manchester United should have signed N’Golo Kante in the summer, according to Ryan Giggs.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Antonio Conte has admitted for the first time he clashed with Diego Costa last month but insists their relationship is good again.
- Moussa Dembele insists his focus was on fitness and not Chelsea transfer speculation after returning to score a hat-trick in the 5-2 win at St Johnstone on Sunday afternoon.
- Jurgen Klopp refused to point the finger solely at Simon Mignolet for Liverpool’s defeat to Hull – but admits it is for the Belgian to ‘show a reaction’ after his mistake.
- Klopp has accepted blame if Liverpool’s lack of transfer activity costs them at the end of the season.
- Everton are eyeing a January window move for Sheffield Wednesday teenage striker George Hirst.
- Former Newcastle United striker Shola Ameobi has signed for League Two side Notts County.
- Sunderland have been linked with a move for free agent Martin Caceres.
- Nottingham Forest have confirmed winger Lica has joined former club Estoril.
- Stoke will be among the suitors when, in all likelihood, Hull part company with left back Andrew Robertson, according to reports.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Burnley are reported to be taking a look at young centre-half Harry Flowers – the grandson of Wolves legend Ron Flowers.
- Steve Bruce has joined Tottenham and Arsenal in the hunt for League Two starlet Bright Osayi-Samuel.
- Yakubu is on trial at Coventry City – the striker is set to undergo a fitness assessment with a view to offering him a short-term deal until the end of the season.
- Coventry City loan striker Charles Vernam has returned to parent club Derby County to be assessed after suffering a shoulder injury in training.