MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Sergio Aguero is happy to stay at Manchester City beyond this season, according to his agent.
- Anthony Martial is said to be “frustrated” at Jose Mourinho’s decision to drop him for Manchester United’s Premier League fixture against Hull.
- Nicky Butt has hailed Axel Tuanzebe as the “perfect example” to Manchester United’s academy players and hopes he could be at the club for the next 15 years.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Patrick van Aanholt today backed Sam Allardyce to oversee another survival mission ahead of the pair’s reunion with Sunderland.
- Scott Hogan says Aston Villa was the only club in the Championship he would have left Brentford for.
- Jurgen Klopp has offered defender Mamadou Sakho a glimmer of hope that he can still salvage his Liverpool career.
- Jurgen Klopp admits managers have a duty to treat officials with more respect – but says the intense pressure means he can’t make any promises that he won’t step out of line again.
- Former Everton midfielder Darron Gibson has said his experience playing under David Moyes at Goodison was a major factor in his decision to seek regular first-team football at Sunderland.
- David Moyes admits it is unlikely Sunderland could pull another rabbit out of the hat to replace the injured Victor Anichebe.
- Siem De Jong has revealed he has every intention of returning to Newcastle United to salvage his career at St James’ Park.
- Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce has revealed his regret at not signing Scott Hogan sooner.
- Ross McCormack has insisted that he doesn’t need to say sorry to Steve Bruce after missing training at Bodymoor Heath.
- Steve Bruce has paid tribute to Ashley Westwood calling the departed midfielder a “model professional”.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Claude Puel does not regret allowing Jose Fonte to leave Saints in last month’s transfer window.
- Ewood Park director of football operations Paul Senior says the late departure of Ben Marshall didn’t affect Rovers’ ability to do any more business in the January transfer window.
- Former Blackburn Rovers boss Steve Kean says he has learned lessons from his time at the helm at Ewood Park, and revealed: “Sometimes I got pulled into things that I probably wasn’t qualified to be talking about.”
- Lewis Grabban says Eddie Howe “fancied other players” in preference to him following the striker’s return to Cherries from Norwich last season.
- Cherries boss Eddie Howe said being able to call on fit-again Lewis Cook felt like having a “new signing” in his ranks.
SOUTH WALES EVENING POST
- Paul Clement is considering handing Luciano Narsingh a full Swansea City debut against Manchester City on Sunday.
- Record signing Borja Baston could yet prove to be a success at Swansea City, according to head coach Paul Clement.
- Swansea City made an 11th-hour bid for Standard Liege striker Ishak Belfodil before the January transfer window deadline, according to reports in Belgium.
YORKSHIRE EVENING POST
- Garry Monk declared himself satisfied with Leeds United’s transfer business but said he would look for the Elland Road club to show much more urgency in future windows after sealing both of his January signings on deadline day.
- Leeds United left-back Charlie Taylor remains a fortnight away from a return to training as the club continue to wait on his recovery from an Achilles problem.
- Gboly Ariyibi says Nottingham Forest’s track record of nurturing young players was a key factor in persuading him to come to the City Ground.
- Patrick Bamford has recalled his time cleaning toilets at Nottingham Forest as he reacted to suggestions he has “never had to work for anything”.
- Jordan Rhodes says it was a “real privilege” to play for Middlesbrough and has thanked the fans for their “fantastic” support during his year at the club.
- Boro’s players know how important Gaston Ramirez can be in the remaining months of the season and his return to the first team fold won’t cause any issues within the squad, insists Aitor Karanka.
- Neil Warnock has revealed why Cardiff City didn’t spend on deadline day, days after admitting his disappointment at missing key transfer targets.
- Neil Warnock has confirmed Cardiff City have made a contract offer to Peter Whittingham – and can sign it when he wants.
THE BOLTON NEWS
- Adam Le Fondre passed up a “significant” cash payment to ensure his move to Wanderers went through on deadline day.
- New boy Filipe Morais says he only had eyes for a reunion with his “special one” Phil Parkinson after becoming a free agent.
WIGAN EVENING POST
- Gabriel Obertan was so desperate to join Wigan Athletic on deadline day it was he who put the deal in place, revealed a delighted Warren Joyce.
- Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock has revealed that Emyr Huws is paying some of his own wages to be on loan at Ipswich.
- Steven Taylor says the “old school” environment at Ipswich is something he has craved ever since his days as a young player under Sir Bobby Robson’s management at Newcastle United.
- Ipswich boss Mick McCarthy admits it’s “not a particularly pleasant place for me to be at the moment” and has reiterated that he will consider his future in the summer.
- Chris Wilder last night mounted a passionate defence of Sheffield United’s transfer policy, insisting he had “no qualms” about Aaron Ramsdale’s deadline day move to AFC Bournemouth.
- Crystal Palace were linked with a move to sign former Barcelona and Juventus defender Martin Caceres this week, but he could now be a target for a Premier League rival.
- Eddie Howe reckons a loan switch to Rangers will help bring out the best in midfielder Emerson Hyndman this term