LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Arsene Wenger has revealed Arsenal are following AS Monaco’s bright young prospect Kylian Mbappe and even compared the 18-year-old to Thierry Henry.
- Brendan Rodgers has revealed he told Celtic’s physio not to let Chelsea target Moussa Dembele ‘out of his sight’ during a hospital trip to London on transfer deadline day.
- Charlton Athletic dismissed interest from sides in the Premier League top six for the highly-rated Ezri Konsa during the January transfer window.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester United have denied reports they have agreed personal terms with Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann.
- Ander Herrera is studying Barcelona’s Sergio Busquets to get a handle on the midfield anchor-man role.
- Ronald Koeman has explained why he sought out Everton new boy Ademola Lookman straight after the final whistle at Stoke City.
- Former Newcastle United striker Andy Carroll has revealed what happened in during the frantic hours which he completed a deadline-day move to Liverpool back in January 2011 – and that he did not want to go.
- John O’Shea says Sunderland’s defensive resilience against Tottenham Hotspur on Tuesday night is the bare minimum now required to drag the club out of relegation trouble.
- New signing Ben Marshall says his deadline day move to Wolves ticked all the boxes.
- New West Brom signing Marc Wilson has made no qualms about his desire to make his loan move a permanent one – and plans to impress Tony Pulis enough between now and the end of the season to earn it.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Tony Pulis insists Salomon Rondon has not had his head turned by talk of a big-money bid from China after blaming personal issues for the Albion striker’s loss of goalscoring form.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- Hull City’s deadline day recruit Kamil Grosicki has been tipped to become an instant success in the Premier League by two Polish journalists who know him well, with one claiming his finishing is comparable to that of Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi.
- A work permit decision is holding up Blackburn Rovers’ proposed loan move for Celtic defender Efe Ambrose.
- Robbie Brady is determined to repay the faith shown in him by Sean Dyche after he came Burnley’s record signing.
- Highly-rated keeper Aaron Ramsdale has thanked former employers Sheffield United after completing a deadline-day move to Cherries.
- Leicester City winger Bartosz Kapustka wants a chance to show he’s improved after deciding against a loan return to Poland.
- Leicester City were one of more than 20 clubs to make a January offer for Real Madrid striker Mariano, according to reports.
SOUTH WALES EVENING POST
- Swansea City rejected interest in Gylfi Sigurdsson from big-spending Chinese Super League clubs during the January transfer window.
- Steve McClaren admits Derby County looked but could not find available players at the right price to further improve the squad in the January transfer window.
- Nigel Clough has spoken for the first time about his decision to turn down a return to Nottingham Forest as manager, saying: “It was nothing to do with the uncertainty at Forest.”
THE PINK UN
- Sergi Canos insists he is a better player despite his frustration at Norwich City after completing a deadline day move to Brentford.
- Aitor Karanka says Gaston Ramirez is fully committed to the Boro cause despite making it clear he wanted to leave the club in the January window.
- Jese Rodriguez admits he is thankful of Middlesbrough’s January interest but says he is “a man of his word” and was only ever interested in signing for Las Palmas.
- Jordan Rhodes admits first team opportunities didn’t come around at Middlesbrough as often as he would have liked.
THE BOLTON NEWS
- Phil Parkinson admits the sale of Zach Clough may have been a necessary evil to ease financial pressures at the club.
- Glenn Murray believes Albion have got the balance just right with their January transfer window business after becoming a permanent Seagull again.
- As he contemplates whether or not to pitch Joe Riley into battle against AFC Wimbledon this weekend, Chris Wilder has explained the attraction of signing youngsters from Manchester United on loan.
- Lee Johnson insists Matty Taylor has demonstrated genuine bravery in electing to leave Bristol Rovers and join bitter rivals Bristol City.
- Joel Ekstrand has told Swedish media that Bristol City head coach Lee Johnson did not like the way he played.