Football Papers: All The Latest Football News And Transfer Rumors This Morning
- Jose Mourinho has already identified his summer transfer targets ahead of a potential £80m bid for Antoine Griezmann.
- Ashley Young was denied the chance to leave Manchester United on loan as the club were only willing to take a cash offer following the departures of Morgan Schneiderlin and Memphis Depay.
- Jose Mourinho hopes Wayne Rooney and Ashley Young decide to stay at Manchester United until the summer. Although the English transfer window has shut, the market in the lucrative Chinese Super League remains open until February 28 – leaving scope for movement before the end of the campaign.
- Antonio Conte missed out on Celtic keeper Craig Gordon – and that forced him to block Asmir Begovic’s £10m switch to Bournemouth.
- Everton boss Ronald Koeman refused to sanction the £15m sale of James McCarthy, because he sees the midfielder forming the foundation of a trophy-winning team.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has rocked Borussia Dortmund fans after declaring: ‘If I want to go to the next level, I need to leave in summer’.
- Watford offered £10m plus Heurelho Gomes in exchange for Asmir Begovic but the offer was rejected by Chelsea.
- Pep Guardiola is confident Fernandinho will sign a new deal at Manchester City.