- Liverpool have sent officials to Portugal to discuss a move for Sporting Lisbon’s star midfielder William Carvalho, according to reports.
- The Reds have opened talks with Philippe Coutinho over a new long-term contract.
- Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has closed the door on a return to Everton.
- Liverpool are one of a number of top sides said to be scouting Falkirk left-back Tony Gallacher.
- Everton and Sunderland are set to do battle for Ludogorets midfielder Jonathan Cafu, according to reports in Holland.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester United outcast Ashley Young reportedly wants to leave the club on loan in January.
- Man City loannee Patrick Roberts thinks his spell at Celtic will prepare him to break into the City first team.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Lucas Piazon still has hope of making his mark at Chelsea as Fulham’s loan star prepares to face former club Reading.
- Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas admits he is ‘sad’ when overlooked by Antonio Conte.
- Chelsea boss Conte is reportedly looking at Man City’s former number one Joe Hart as an option should Thibaut Courtois leave Stamford Bridge, according to reports.
- Newcastle United are leading the way in the race to sign Modou Barrow – with a loan move looking likely for the Swansea winger.
- Andy Carroll and fiancee Billi Mucklow have move into a North East home and Newcastle fans have started speculating about his future.
- Former Stoke player Dionatan Teixeira has re-emerged on trial for Slovakian team MFK Ruzomberok as he bids to kick start his career.
YORKSHIRE EVENING POST
- Toumani Diagouraga has sealed a loan move to Ipswich Town until the end of the season.
- Derby County are one of six clubs to have shown an interest in on-loan Ipswich man Tom Lawrence, who is contracted to Leicester City.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- Hull City boss Marco Silva intends to end the transfer window with a flurry of late activity after landing Liverpool winger Lazar Markovic on loan for the rest of the season.
EXPRESS & STAR
- West Brom are confident of making one more signing in the January transfer window – but it may not be Watford striker Odion Ighalo.
- Micah Richards is expected to remain an Aston Villa player beyond the close of this month’s transfer window.
- Birmingham City have confirmed Diego Fabbrini has gone on loan to Spezia Calcio for the remainder of the campaign.
THE PRESS & JOURNAL
- Dons boss Derek McInnes is close to finalising a deal for Celtic midfielder Ryan Christie, according to reports in the Press & Journal.
- Shrewsbury are keeping tabs on Fulham prospect Stephen Humphrys ahead of a possible loan deal.
GET WEST LONDON
- Scott Hogan was at training with the Brentford squad on Monday after missing the Bees’ last three matches.