- Liverpool defender Joe Gomez is set to sign a new five-year contract. Jurgen Klopp has been the driving force behind Gomez being offered enhanced terms having been hugely impressed by him.
- West Bromwich Albion would demand the return of the £1m loan fee they paid Everton in order to end Brendan Galloway’s loan early.
- Everton have handed former player Jose Baxter a 12 month contract.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Queens Park Rangers are hoping to bring in “one or two” players before the January transfer window shuts, director of football Les Ferdinand has confirmed.
- Manchester United midfielder Sean Goss is set to join QPR.
- Jose Fonte has only been training with his West Ham team-mates for a week but Darren Randolph has already seen his leadership qualities in the flesh.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester City have been encouraged in their pursuit of Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic – with reports that the midfielder is one of several players to be sacrificed to keep Lionel Messi.
- Aaron Mooy says he had no second thoughts about signing for Manchester City.
- Jose Mourinho insists Anthony Martial will start Manchester United’s next Premier League fixture if he performs ‘magnificently’ against Wigan on Sunday.
- Ashley Young is expected to stay at Manchester United beyond the winter transfer window despite interest from a host of Premier League clubs.
- Patrick van Aanholt ‘openly stated’ that he did not want to play for Sunderland, chief executive Martin Bain has revealed.
- Sunderland are continuing their search for a left-back, and the Echo understands that Bordeaux’s Diego Contento is being considered as an option.
- West Brom may be hopeful they can beat Russian giants Zenit St Petersburg to the signing of Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic, because the Serbian is likely to wish to remain in England.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Paul Lambert has confirmed that Wolves are in talks to make Helder Costa’s loan deal a permanent one.
- On-loan Wolves midfielder Joao Teixeira is set to leave Molineux and join Nottingham Forest.
- Port Vale are set to reveal whether Ryan Taylor will be staying at the club after the 32-year-old’s short-term deal ran out.
THE DAILY ECHO
- A £200m Chinese takeover of Saints is still some way from completion and may not happen at all, the Daily Echo understands.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- Marco Silva has confirmed that Hull City have missed out of Leon Bailey, as he looks set to join Bayer Leverkusen.
- Blackburn captain Jason Lowe says he will continue to give his all for the football club despite still waiting on a new contract offer.
- Leicester City will have to match Middlesbrough’s valuation of Gaston Ramirez if they want to sign the playmaker, says Boro boss Aitor Karanka.
- Derby County have completed the signing of Kyle McAllister from Scottish side St Mirren.
- Aitor Karanka has expressed his frustration after learning that Gaston Ramirez has demanded to leave Boro in the next four days.
THE BOLTON NEWS
- Chris Taylor could be reunited with Oldham Athletic if Bolton’s space saving exercise fails in the next few days.
- Bolton are keen on Reading striker Dominic Samuel and could snatch him from under the noses of promotion rivals Southend.
- Brighton’s bid to add a striker to their table-topping squad remains in the balance after the temporary exit of young defender Rob Hunt for a League One relegation battle with Oldham.
- Preston North End boss Simon Grayson has made it clear to Ipswich Town that striker Jordan Hugill is not for sale ahead of next Tuesday’s deadline.
- Mark Warburton hopes Rangers can reach a resolution to retain the services of Ibrox veterans Kenny Miller and Clint Hill beyond the summer.
- Eboue Kouassi has insisted that the pulling power of Brendan Rodgers helped to lure him to Glasgow.