MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester City could target Real Madrid goalkeeper Keylor Navas to replace struggling No 1 Claudio Bravo, according to reports in Spain.
- A personal phone call from Pep Guardiola helped convince Gabriel Jesus to sign for Manchester City over other interested clubs.
- Diego Simeone’s admission that he will not tie down Antoine Griezmann has been perceived as a boost for Manchester United, who have been linked with the France international.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Kevin Wimmer is expected to stay at Tottenham after his agent confirmed Spurs have turned down multiple offers for the defender.
- West Ham are close to completing the £8m signing of Southampton defender Jose Fonte.
- Ben Davies is unlikely to leave Tottenham this month despite interest from Crystal Palace.
- Everton’s deal for Ishak Belfodil is hanging by a thread after negotiations between the Premier League club and Belfodil’s agent hit a snag.
- Steven Gerrard believes Daniel Sturridge may have to make a “big decision” over his long-term Liverpool future at the end of the season.
- Reports in Italy claim Gerard Deulofeu’s proposed loan move from Everton to AC Milan could still happen.
- Newcastle are open to a loan deal for Crystal Palace winger Andros Townsend with the option to make it permanent in the summer.
- Sunderland are reportedly keeping tabs on Algerian playmaker Ryad Boudebouz, who is currently suffering with a knee injury.
- Norwich have revealed negotiations are “ongoing” to let Sunderland target Robbie Brady leave the club this month.
- Aston Villa are expected to confirm the signing of Nottingham Forest captain Henri Lansbury in the next 24 hours.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Southampton captain Jose Fonte will snub interest from West Brom to join Slaven Bilic at West Ham.
- Derby County are tracking Stafford Rangers striker Josh Gordon, who has been catching the eye in non-league football.
- Blackburn are set to receive a £150,000 transfer windfall following the sale of former player Martin Olsson to Swansea City.
- Andre Gray has dismissed speculation linking him with a move to West Ham, saying “I’m happy at Burnley”.
- Schalke are not interested in signing Leicester forward Shinji Okazaki on loan this month despite speculation to the contrary.
SOUTH WALES EVENING POST
- Swansea are being linked with a move for Everton striker Arouna Kone as the club continues to assess potential forward options.
YORKSHIRE EVENING POST
- Former Leeds United striker Robbie Keane, who is now a free agent, has quashed talk of a return to Elland Road.
- Derby County target Jordan Rhodes is still training with Middlesbrough after the Premier League club rejected two bids for the striker.
- Nottingham Forest will receive around £900,000 from Patrick Bamford’s switch to Middlesbrough thanks to a sell-on clause inserted into the deal that brought him to Chelsea.
THE PINK UN
- Reports in Portugal claim Norwich City have agreed a £4.3m deal to sign Sporting Lisbon left-back Marvin Zeegelaar.
- Middlesbrough midfielder Carlos de Pena has emerged as a target for several MLS clubs in the United States.
- Bolton Wanderers will be operating a “one in, one out” policy over the remainder of the window due to a transfer embargo.
- Blackpool boss Gary Bowyer has admitted he may turn to the transfer market to ease the club’s injury crisis.
- Sam Adekugbe, on loan to Brighton from Vancouver Whitecaps, wants to make his switch permanent at the end of the season.