As Nigerians prepare for the Christmas celebration, the Lagos state government on Tuesday said it will commence the sales of the much awaited Lake Rice on Thursday, December 22, 2016.
It was gathered that the Lake Rice would be sold to Lagosians at N12,000 per 50 kg and N6,000 per 25 kg.
Initially, it was N13,000 per 50 kg, Leadership gathered that the state government reduced the price of the 50 kilogram to N12, 000, following complaints received by the government over the price of the commodity.
Also, it was gathered that the previous location earlier announced by the Special Adviser to the governor on security, Sanni Okanlawan that the rice would be sold at the Local Government and Local Council Development Areas (LDCA) will no longer be used.
A top government official said the new locations were scattered across the three senatorial districts of the state to ease purchase of the commodity.
The locations according to the source are:
- Ikorodu – Odogunyan Farm Service Centre
- Epe – Temu Farm Service Centre
- Eredo – Noforija Town Hall
- Ibeju – Magbon Alade High School
- Maryland – Subeb Premises
- Agege – LSADA Complex/Farm Service Centre
- Ojo – LAISA Office Agric Bus Stop
- Mowo – Coconut House
- Badagry – Town Farm Service Centre, Marina
- Oshodi – Ikeja Grammar School, Bolade
- Ajah – Ministry of Agric Area Office
- Lagos Island – Lastma Office Adeniji/Freeman
- Ajegunle – Alakoto Senior High School, Tolu
- Surulere – TESLIM Balogun stadium
- Yaba – Mobolaji Johnson Sports Centre, Rowe Park