- Everton have joined West Ham in the race to sign CSKA Moscow midfielder Alan Dzagoev.
- Sheyi Ojo will be handed a chance in the Liverpool first-team before the January transfer window as Jurgen Klopp decides whether to strengthen his squad.
- Former Liverpool striker Milan Baros is convinced his old team-mate Steven Gerrard will return to Anfield as manager one day.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Eric Bailly could miss as many as nine Manchester United fixtures when he reports to the Africa Cup of Nations with Ivory Coast next month.
- New Man City signing Gabriel Jesus has revealed Pep Guardiola has given him a training plan ahead of joining the club in January.
- Everton have hinted Yannick Bolasie’s injury could see Ronald Koeman step up his interest in Manchester United duo Memphis Depay and Morgan Schneiderlin.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Odion Ighalo has urged Watford to move for Chelsea and Nigeria midfielder John Obi Mikel in January.
- Signing Alexis Sanchez to a new Arsenal contract will be key to the club’s long-term transfer plans, according to Danny Murphy.
- Port Vale assistant player-manager Michael Brown has confirmed his club are doing everything they can to keep Birmingham City youngster Alex Jones, who is currently on loan.
- Aston Villa owner Dr Tony Xia believes the club must keep young talent Rushian Hepburn-Murphy.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Paul Lambert wants to trim his Wolves squad down to 23 players.
- Mick McCarthy has denied reports Newcastle forward Daryl Murphy could return to Ipswich Town on loan in January.
- Portuguese newspaper Record reports Middlesbrough, Newcastle and Sunderland all had scouts at Porto’s recent thrashing of Leicester City in the Champions League.
- Crewe Alexandra have no intention of letting striker Ryan Lowe rejoin Bury, says manager Steve Davis.
- Brentford insist it is “business as usual” at Griffin Park despite speculation over Dean Smith’s position as manager.
THE PINK UN
- Former Norwich City forward Jamie Cureton has signed for National League South side St Albans City.
- Chris Wilder intends to sign a new striker in January if Sheffield United’s current crop of forwards fail to produce over the next few weeks.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Former Bournemouth manager Harry Redknapp believes “Rolls Royce” defender Simon Francis should have been capped by England by now.
- Derby County are lining up a £500,000 offer to sign Hearts defender Callum Paterson.
- Former Ipswich Town star Darren Ambrose is confident Mick McCarthy will turn things around following a “transitional period” at the club.