Al-Shabaab Claims Responsibility As 12 Die In Kenya Guesthouse Bombing

share on:
Al-Shabaab Claims Responsibility As 12 Die In Kenya Guesthouse Bombing

At least 12 persons have been killed on Tuesday after a bomb blast at a guesthouse in northeast Kenya, the same area hit earlier this month by Al-Shabaab militants, police said.

“We have found 12 bodies so far after we managed to access the building,” one senior police officer told AFP.

“We are still combing the area with the help of anti-terrorism police and sniffer dogs in the ongoing search and rescue.”

Confirming the death toll, a local police chief, Job Boronjo, in Mandera County told Kenyan media that eleven men and one woman were killed in the 3.30 am (0030 GMT) blast at the Bishar Guesthouse.

READ ALSO: 29 Injured As Explosion Rocks New York City

Meanwhile, the Al-Qaeda-linked Al-Shabaab militant group claimed the attack in a message broadcast by its Radio Andalus media organisation, claiming 15 were killed.

“This attack is part of a series of attacks in which the Mujahideen are hunting down infidels” in northeast Kenya, the group said.

Also speaking, Mandera Governor, Ali Roba, said the raids were designed to divide communities and destroy the economy.

“This is an attack that is aimed at making sure we don’t attract investors, we do not attract a professional workforce, we do not have interaction with the rest of the country,” Roba told a press conference on Tuesday morning.

Datboyjerry

Datboyjerry

I am but your herald boy in the art of the pen.. An eccentric Environmental Biologist smouldered in the glorious epiphany of online journalism.

If you ever find my article unduly insipid, sue me and i’ll refund you…

Leave a Reply