Nigeria Recruitment: Final Assessment ‘For 500,000 Jobs’ Begins Today
The final assessments for over one million Nigerians who applied online for the Federal Government’s 500,000 job scheme for unemployed graduates will begin today, September 20, 2016.
A statement issued on Monday by the senior special assistant, Media and Publicity, Office of the Vice President, Laolu Akande, divulged that the assessments in the various categories of the N-Power programme will end on October 18.
In the statement, the Federal Government released a schedule for the next phase of the N-Power Programme, which is the job creation and empowerment initiative of its Social Investment Programme.
Akande also clarified that under the next phase of the programme, candidates would be assessed in phases based on their specific chosen programmes before the final selection.
The statement read in part, “Under this phase, applicants are to log in and fill in their phone numbers and surnames as contained in their original application, using their personal profile (which has been opened for every applicant).
“In addition, all candidates will be notified by SMS of their assessment the day before. All assessments will include some personal questions and other questions testing basic knowledge of English, General Knowledge and Quantitative Reasoning.
“Applicants should also note that they will be tested on other programme-specific questions depending on the programme they applied for.”
Applicants can take their tests on a smart-phone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer provided that the devices have internet connection.
According to the statement, applicants can only gain access to their profile for assessment as represented in the schedule which breaks down applicants in batches by the first letter in their surnames.
The schedules/dates for the assessments are as follows:
- N-Power Teach: September 20 – September – 28, 2016
- N-Power Agro: September 29 – October 1, 2016
- N-Power Health: October 2 – October 3, 2016
- N-Power Community Education: October 4 – October 6, 2016
- N-Power Creative: October 7 – October 9, 2016
- N-Power Tech (Software): October 10 – October 12, 2016
- N-Power Tech (Hardware): October 13 – October 14t, 2016
- N-Power Build: October 15 – October 18, 2016
Based on the schedule, applicants for the N-Power Teach programme will be first in line, starting on Tuesday September 20, 2016 and applicants whose surnames fall between the alphabets V-Z are expected to log in and take their assessments on the stipulated dates.
According to the first letter of surnames, the assessments will be held as follows:
- 20th September 2016 V, W, X, Y, Z
- 21st September 2016 P, Q, R, T, U
- 22nd September 2016 Aa – Al
- 23rd September 2016 Am – Az, B
- 24th September 2016 O
- 25th September 2016 M,N
- 26th September 2016 F, G, H, I
- 27th September 2016 C, D, E
- 28th September 2016 J, K, L, S N-Power Agro
- 29th September 2016 A, B, C, D, F, G
- 30th September 2016 E, H, I, J, K, L, M, N
- 1st October 2016 O – Z
- 2nd October 2016 A – I
- 3rd October 2016 J – Z
N-Power Community Education
- 4th October 2016 A – G
- 5th October 2016 H – N, P – T
- 6th October 2016 O, U, Z
- 7th October 2016 A – E
- 8th October 2016 F – N
- 9th October 2016 O – Z
N-Power Tech (Software)
- 10th October 2016 A – H
- 11th October 2016 I – R
- 12th October 2016 S – Z
N-Power Tech (Hardware)
- 13th October 2016 A – J
- 14th October 2016 K – Z N-Power Build
- 15th October 2016 A – B
- 16th October 2016 C – I
- 17th October 2016 J – S
- 18th October 2016 T – Z