LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Chelsea are believed to be interested in signing Hoffenheim defender Niklas Sule and will monitor the defender’s progress ahead of a possible deal next summer.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has told Pablo Zabaleta, Gael Clichy and Bacary Sagna they must prove their worth before being offered new deals, according to reports.
- Man United midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan will do all he can to prove his fitness ahead of the Manchester derby on Saturday after suffering an injury on international duty with Armenia.
- Liverpool made enquiries for highly-rated Hoffenheim defender Niklas Sule this summer, according to reports in Germany.
- Martin O’Neill believes Daryl Murphy’s “glorious move” to Newcastle United has given the striker a “big boost”.
- Sunderland youngster Joel Asoro has attracted the interest of a clutch of European clubs, with scouts from eight different teams watching him make his debut for Sweden’s Under-21s last night.
- The agent of Juventus midfielder Stefano Sturaro says Sunderland manager David Moyes has a keen interest in the player.
- West Bromwich Albion midfielder James Morrison has admitted he would consider a move to Celtic in January if he can’t break into the Albion first-team this season.
EXPRESS AND STAR
- Former Wolves owner Steve Morgan has broken his silence on the sale of Wolves – claiming Fosun International’s “deep pockets” leave them well placed to take the club forward.
- Hal Robson-Kanu has revealed he chose West Brom over more lucrative offers from Asia.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- Mike Phelan’s position at Hull City could be clarified in the next 48 hours with the caretaker manager close to agreeing a deal to make the role permanent.
- Barcelona legend Xavi Hernandez has picked Leicester City’s Riyad Mahrez as his top Premier League pick for the Catalan giants.
- Nottingham Forest will step up efforts to tie midfielder Henri Lansbury to a new long-term deal in the next few days.
- Former Derby County striker Nathan Tyson has taken to Instagram to find a new club.
- Dexter Blackstock has signed for Rotherham United.
- Charlie Mulgrew is thrilled to have made the move to Blackburn Rovers at the second time of asking – and insisted he does not see it as a step down from Celtic.
- Chris Hughton wants Kazenga LuaLua to shine for Albion after blocking a possible loan move.
- Reading are watching York City star Aidan Connolly.