LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Antonio Conte is considering a move to bring free agent Martin Caceres to Chelsea, according to sources in Italy.
- Joel Campbell believes he was not given the chances his performances merited whilst at Arsenal last season.
- Dennis Bergkamp has been backed to replace Arsene Wenger at Arsenal when the Frenchman eventually retires by former Gunner Anders Limpar.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Southampton defender Jose Fonte has confirmed he was the subject of a bid from Manchester United this summer.
- Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane has revealed he had the chance to join Manchester United this summer.
- Dynamo Kiev have claimed Everton left it too late with a last-ditch bid to sign Ukraine international Andriy Yarmolenko on deadline day last Wednesday.
- Romelu Lukaku has refused to say whether he would sign a potential new contract at Everton – but insists he wants “no quarrel” with the Blues.
- Sadio Mane has ended any fears he suffered an injury while playing for Senegal this weekend after returning to Melwood.
- Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud has revealed that he hoped France international team-mate Moussa Sissoko would join him at the Emirates this summer.
- Jan Kirchhoff is set to return to action for Sunderland in Tuesday night’s Chechatrade Trophy clash with Rochdale.
- Meanwhile, Deadline-day signing Didier Ndong is eligible to make his Sunderland debut in the clash at Rochdale.
- Victor Anichebe has revealed one of the key reasons behind signing for Sunderland was the the chance to team up with Jermain Defoe.
- Free agent Kieran Richardson could be heading to Championship side Leeds.
- West Bromwich Albion could face competition in the race to sign midfielder Momo Sissoko with Hull City and Sunderland reportedly interested in the former Liverpool man.
EXPRESS AND STAR
- However, Sissoko is due to train with Albion this week after impressing on trial against Delhi Dynamos.
- Leicester City goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel faces a race to be fit for Saturday’s Premier League clash with Liverpool at Anfield.
- Former Nottingham Forest winger Djamel Abdoun is searching for a new club, with the new season already underway.
- Aron Gunnarsson is a January target for Bundesliga outfit HSV, according to reports in Germany.
- Crawley want to give free agent Dean Cox a route back into the Football League.
- Niko Kranjcar has hit back at critics of his fitness and overall condition, and says he has no worries about handling the break-neck pace of the Old Firm derby