LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Defender Nikola Maksimovic is close to completing a £26m move to Napoli, paving the way for Chelsea to sign Kalidou Koulibaly from the Serie A club.
- Slaven Bilic says he would sign Man City striker Sergio Aguero if West Ham had limitless funds.
- Everton’s move for Southampton full-back Cuco Martina is in doubt after Saints defender Jeremy Pied picked up an injury in training. Claude Puel may now want Martina as cover for first-choice Cedric Soares.
- Philippe Coutinho faces a race against time to prove his fitness for Liverpool’s trip to Tottenham. The Brazilian midfielder has been suffering with a tight hamstring.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester United will not make a late bid to sign Jose Fonte before the close of the transfer window, with the defender set to stay at Southampton.
- Patrick Roberts will be allowed to play against Manchester City after his loan club Celtic were drawn against his parent team City in the Champions League group stage.
- Adam Armstrong looks set to go out on loan again after signing a new four-year deal with Newcastle.
- Newcastle have protected Tim Krul’s transfer value by agreeing a one-year extension with the Dutchman before sending him on loan to Ajax.
- John O’Shea, Lamine Kone, Steven Pienaar, Fabio Borini and Jeremain Lens will all be assessed ahead of Sunderland’s match against Southampton on Saturday.
- Reports in Holland claim Wolves are closing in on a deal to sign Heracles forward Paul Gladon.
- West Brom are ready to step up their pursuit of Southampton forward Jay Rodriguez to ensure they beat Hull City to the signing.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Wolves are closing in on two signings, with forward Paul Gladon and defensive midfielder Romain Saiss the targets.
- The “smart money” would be on Joselu and Philipp Wollscheid leaving Stoke City before the deadline should Mark Hughes look to trim his squad.
- Blackburn Rovers centre-back Shane Duffy has completed his switch to Championship rivals Brighton.
SOUTH WALES EVENING POST
- New Swansea signing Borja Baston could return to training as early as next week as he builds towards his debut. The club’s record signing currently has a thigh injury.
- Nottingham Forest are being linked with Manchester United goalkeeper Sam Johnstone.
- Ben Amos has left Bolton on loan to join Championship side Cardiff City.
- Sheffield United have opened talks with city rivals Sheffield Wednesday about signing Caolan Lavery.
- Brendan Rodgers has confirmed Stefan Johansen could leave the club within days, with the defender expected to join Fulham.
- Former Cardiff City winger Leon Jeanne is back in football at the age of 35 after signing for Evesham United.
- Norwich City are poised to complete the signing of Benfica forward Nelson Oliveira after he travelled to England for a medical. Oliveira spent time on loan at Nottingham Forest last season.