We No Fight Again! 8,000 Boko Haram Militants Surrender | Fulani Kingpin Lays Down Arms In Zamfara

share on:
FG Presents Relief Items To 800 Repentant Boko Haram Members

The Nigerian Army has disclosed that about 8,000 members of the Islamic terror group, Boko Haram, voluntarily surrendered to its “Operation Safe Corridor” in the Northeast.

Speaking on Tuesday at a lecture organised by state Correspondent’s Chapel in Abuja, the Director of Defence Information Brig.-Gen. Rabe Abubakar, said the surrendered insurgents were in a camp in Gombe waiting to be “de-radicalised” by the military.

READ ALSO: 700 Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Surrender To Nigerian Military

The Defence spokesman also said over 10,000 Boko Haram hostages were rescued by the military, adding that some of them have been reunited with their families, while others were taken to Internally Displaced Person’s (IDP) camps.

Abubakar maintained that the insurgents had been decimated by the military, and that the Federal Government would rehabilitate victims and rebuilt affected areas.

In a related development, a Fulani leader in Zamfara State, Alhaji Ruwa, has voluntarily surrendered his ammunition to troops of the 223 Battalion, 1 Brigade Division of Nigerian Army.

READ ALSO: Boko Haram: The Insidious Annihilation Of A Radical Islamic Death Cult

A statement issued by the Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Col. Sani Usman, said the Fulani kingpin also promised to persuade all other known armed bandits to come out and renounce their illegal vocation.

Ruwa handed over two locally fabricated pistols and three Dane guns to the army.

 “This is in continuation of ongoing efforts to rid Zamfara State of the menace of livestock rustling and armed banditry,” the army spokesman said.

Datboyjerry

Datboyjerry

I am but your herald boy in the art of the pen.. An eccentric Environmental Biologist smouldered in the glorious epiphany of online journalism. If you ever find my article unduly insipid, sue me and i’ll refund you...

Leave a Reply