- Lucas Leiva’s proposed move to Galatasaray was blocked by Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp, according to an agent working on the deal.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Out-of-favour Man City defender Eliaquim Mangala is being chased by Valencia, Milan and Everton.
- A swap deal involving Spurs striker Clinton Njie and Marseille winger Georges-Kevin N’Koudou is back on.
- West Ham are closing in on a deal for Palermo left-back Achraf Lazaar.
- Chelsea boss Antonio Conte says he will remain patient as he looks for “the right solution” in the transfer market.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester United reserve ‘keeper Sam Johnstone has hinted he could leave Old Trafford in this transfer window in his search for first-team football.
- New Inter boss Frank de Boer has revealed his admiration for Man Utd defender Daley Blind.
- Watford want to sign Sunderland defender Younes Kaboul, say reports in the French press.
- Hull City and Derby County have both offered £3.5m for Sunderland right-back DeAndre Yedlin.
- Aston Villa are preparing a move for Angers’ Senegal midfielder Cheikh N’Doye, according to various reports.
EXPRESS & STAR
- West Brom boss Tony Pulis claims the Baggies have got “irons in the fire” to replace centre-back James Chester, who joined Aston Villa earlier this month.
- Aston Villa are hoping to finalise a deal for Crystal Palace midfielder Mile Jedinak today.
- West Brom ‘keeper Ben Foster wants Saido Berahino to reject Stoke’s advances after seeing the unsettled frontman play like “an absolute animal” in preseason.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Southampton are still confident Jose Fonte will put pen to paper on a contract extension at St Mary’s amid reported interest in the central defender from Man Utd.
- Nottingham Forest are near to completing a deal for a new ‘keeper, manager Philippe Montanier has confirmed.
- Meanwhile, Montanier has also claimed he was unable to prevent Dorus de Vries from joining Scottish champions Celtic.
- Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey should leave the north London club due to his long-running injury issues at the Emirates, says former Wales coach Raymond Verheijen.
THE BOLTON NEWS
- Wigan Athletic want to lure Bolton Wanderers midfielder Josh Vela away from the Macron Stadium.
- Reading manage Jaap Stam has criticised Leicester City for their reluctance to let defender Liam Moore join the Royals.
- Brighton had to convince goalkeeper Niki Maenpaa to remain at the Championship club this summer after the arrival of David Stockdale.
- Sheffield Wednesday chairman Dejphon Chansiri has confirmed striker Fernando Forestieri said sorry to him after not playing against Norwich.
- Sheffield United are currently holding talks with a number of “strong” targets, according to manager Chris Wilder.