Toke Makinwa has finally filed for a divorce from her estranged husband, Maje Ayida who had a child outside marriage with an old flame, Anita Solomon.
In the official documents obtained and shared by Linda Ikeji’s blog, Toke’s representatives outlined why the divorce was necessary for Toke and also pointed the losses the scandal has cost the OAP.
Here are some major allegations upon which the grounds of the dissolution of their marriage are based;
- The lady (Anita Solomon) Maje Ayida cheated on her with delivered a baby boy in United Kingdom. Also that Anita presently lives with Maje in Toke and Maje’s former matrimonial home.
- Maje claimed to not have money to take care of Toke Makinwa and pay their bills, but was able to pay for Anita’s upkeep and travel expenses to the UK to have their baby.
- That following the birth of the child, Maje became physically and emotionally tied with Anita Solomon.
- Prior to the scandal, Toke claims she was meant to sign an endorsement deal worth N20 million with a Nigerian telecommunication company. But due to the widespread negative media publicity arising from Maje’s infidelity, the company withdrew the offer.
- Toke alleges that Maje continued in his adulterous acts after it became public and boasted on several occasions that he had been married to someone else.
- That Maje took pride in doing whatever he desired, discussed his business dealings and took advice only from Anita Solomon.
- That any slight complaint Toke made resulted in Maje going on a rant, seriously nagging, and making use of vulgar abuses in the clear view of their domestic staff, Church members, neighbours.
- Toke alleges that Maje also made threats to physically assault her and that living with him became uncomfortable and unconducive.