The President Muhammadu Buhari led Federal Government has approved the appointments of new heads for the six information-related agencies under the Ministry of Information and Culture.
Announcing the appointments in Abuja on Wednesday, the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed said:
The new Director Generals are:
- Mr. Ishaq Modibo Kawu – Director-General, Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC)
- Mr. Mansur Liman – Director-General, Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN)
- Mr. Yakubu Mohammed – Director-General, Nigerian Television Authority (NTA)
- Dr. Garba Abari, Director-General, National Orientation Agency (NOA)
- Mr. Bayo Onanuga – Managing Director, News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)
- Mr. Osita Okechukwu – Director-General, Voice of Nigeria (VON)
The Minister of Information explained that the new appointees will replace the Chief Executives of the parastatals who were removed on February 15, 2016.
Mr. Mohammed also added that the appointments take immediate effect.
More details to be added as it develops…