British Council is calling for individuals who would like to offer their help as a volunteer for the Open House Lagos event on Saturday 30 April and Sunday 1 May 2016.
What is Open House Lagos?
Open House Lagos is a 3 day event to showcase the outstanding architecture of Lagos for all to experience, completely for free. The event invites everyone to understand the value of a well-designed built environment by exploring Lagos, celebrating its architectural growth and the way people interact with their environment. The event will offer residents, local and international visitors an enriched cultural experience by providing an opportunity to access buildings not normally open to the public.
When is the event taking place?
Saturday 30 April and Sunday 1 May 2016.
How can I help as a volunteer?
As a volunteer, you will be providing assistance to building representatives/owners participating in the event, to open their buildings to the public. The assistance of volunteers is vital to make the Open House Lagos Event happen and is greatly appreciated.
Do I need to have a qualification?
There’s no need to have a degree/profession in architecture / built environment, all you need is plenty of enthusiasm to help make the event a success. If you are an architecture or built environment professional, or student, you will also be able to share your expertise with the visitors, meet built environment professionals and supplement your training.
How do I fit in?
• You will help to organise queues, act as extra security for the building, hand out brochures and answer practical questions such as opening times, suggesting other participating buildings close by, and giving more details about the Open House Lagos event in general.
• You will lead or support guided tours, talking about the architecture, function and history of the building. Enough research is required to ensure your tour is informative and you are able to answer questions at a level for the lay-person.
What’s in it for me?
Volunteering will offer you new experiences and skills, as well as providing a great opportunity to learn more about architecture and the built environment. As a thank you for volunteering, you will receive the following:
• A complimentary copy of the brochure
• Open House branded t-shirts
• Open House branded pens
• Open House branded key rings
• Open House branded hand fans
• Open House branded notebooks
• Travel stipend of N5000 for the two event days
Fill in and submit the attached application form to email@example.com
Deadline for receipt of applications: 4pm, Wednesday 13 April 2016. Click British Council_Application for Volunteers_360nobs for the Application Form.
Due to the high volume of applications we tend to receive, we are unable to communicate with all individual applicants. You will however receive an automated response confirming your application. If you have not heard back from us by 20 April 2016, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful at this time.