Microsoft Ends XBox 360 Production – Microsoft has announced that the company will no longer manufacture new XBox 360 consoles.
The company celebrated 10 years of the XBox 360 last November, and seem to have taken the first step towards phasing it out by ending production.
In a blog post, the company announced that it’s online services would still be available, including XBox Live.
The post added:
- Xbox 360 owners will continue to receive Xbox Live services for their console, such as online multiplayer gaming and parties, access to the apps they use today, and Games with Gold and Deals with Gold.
- Xbox Live servers that support Xbox 360 services will also remain online and active. Our Xbox 360 fans can continue to play their favorite games with the full support of Xbox Live.
- Gamers will also be able to continue to buy over 4,000 Xbox 360 games or Xbox 360 accessories at retail and through our Xbox 360 store online, while supplies last.
- Any Xbox 360 hardware will still be supported at xbox.com/support.
- And Xbox One owners will be able to continue to enjoy available Xbox 360 games through Xbox One Backward Compatibility – at no additional cost.