Fresh Evidence Allegedly Links Saudi Authorities To 9/11 Attacks In U.S.

share on:

Fresh evidence has been brought to light which allegedly connects the authorities of Saudi Arabia to the September 11, 2001 terror attacks in the United States.

President Obama meets with Saudi Arabia, King Salman: DailyMail
President Obama meets with Saudi Arabia, King Salman: DailyMail

It was gathered that the flight certificate of Al-Qaeda bomb maker Ghassan Al-Sharbi was discovered hidden in an envelope from the Saudi embassy in Washington when they arrested him in 2002.

Al-Sharbi, a citizen of Saudi, is believed to have taken flying lessons with some of the 9/11 hijackers in Arizona but did not take part in the attacks on New York and the Pentagon that killed 3,000 people in 2001.

The Times stated that he was captured in Pakistan in 2002 and has since been held at Guantanamo Bay.

However, according to a US memo — known as document 17 — written in 2003 and quietly declassified last year, the FBI learnt that he had buried a cache of papers shortly before he was captured.

Document 17 was written by two US investigators examining the possible roles of foreign governments in the attacks.

Document 17 was only brought to the public’s attention when an activist discovered them and wrote about them on his website earlier this week.

Brian McGlinchey, the activist who uncovered document 17, said:

“The envelope points to the fundamental question hanging over us today: to what extent was the 9/11 plot facilitated by individuals at the highest levels of the Saudi government?”

The release of the memo has fuelled concerns the Saudi government may have been linked to the coordinated attacks, which killed nearly 3,000 people.

This is coming on a day (Wednesday) that the President of the United States, Barrack Obama is expected to meet with the Supreme Ruler of Saudi Arabia, King Salman, whose kingdom is under pressure from low oil prices, an emboldened Iran and Washington’s tougher stance.

The Saudi government threatened last week to dump $750 billion in US Treasury securities and other American assets if congress passes a bill that would clear a path for the families of 9/11 victims to file lawsuits against the kingdom.

Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders, the Democratic presidential candidates, backed the bill, which Mr Obama has signalled he will veto.

Meanwhile, Donald Trump and Ted Cruz, the leading Republicans in the race, have warned Saudi Arabia that its relationship with the US must change.

“Friends do not fund jihadists that are seeking to murder us,” Mr Cruz said.

Earlier this month, a senator claimed that Obama would make a decision on whether the papers, which are rumored to expose Saudi’s connection to the attacks, would be released within 60 days.

Datboyjerry

Datboyjerry

I am but your herald boy in the art of the pen.. An eccentric Environmental Biologist smouldered in the glorious epiphany of online journalism. If you ever find my article unduly insipid, sue me and i’ll refund you...

Leave a Reply