The 2016 AMVCAs was well anticipated and the red carpet was full of great looks, until some of them started looking familiar.
We dedicate today’s Who Wore It Better to some of the looks from the AMVCA that we think we have seen before.
Kehinde Bankole’s dress was stunning, until we saw what the outfit might have been inspired by.
Kehinde’s outfit had a striking resemblance to a Zuhair Murad piece that model Chanel Iman wore in May 2015. Secondly, her fabric wasn’t as good or a great choice and social media went crazy with comparison and tailor jokes. The major issue with the dress was the fitting, Kehinde went for the same dress but went with a small cut around the burst area, but she is showing just as much cleavage. The look is imitated even the choice of hairstyle and jewellery.
This is not contest but still who do you think wore it better?
Let’s view comments from Instagram
- onyinyeeee thinks ‘Her dress looks just as amazing’.
- zukiliciouz says ‘it looks like even the red carpet pose is the same too???. The dress is pretty and was copied well!”
- zukiliciouz v ‘l just noticed the hair style is copied too, hmmmmm ok ooo???’
- melveebeauty goes for the stylist ‘The stylist is obviously one of those ppl in Uni who copy your answers verbatim and also your matric number…haba! Dress Color, hairstyle even pose? #CopyCreatively‘
- asoebinecklaces ‘Nigerians can be mean who ever copied it for her did a pretty good job, the sleeves could have been better but she looks amazing.”
- malcmorhjewelry is blaming it on the economy ”I tire for people oo, u complain and do nothing to make things better.how can we grow in an economy where criticism is everywhere and yet those that complain have nothing to bring to the round table..@asoebinecklaces ,I concur..’‘
- asoebinecklaces @malcmorhjewelry exactly they are obviously just criticising for the sake of it. Meanness of the highest order.
- ai_jayd goes for the tailor ‘Kenny: Can u sew it? Tailor: Yes ma I can, very well. Where head is given, sense is required abeg. #OkBye‘
Red carpet host for the night,Eku Edewor was styled by Bubu Ogisi in Strapless duchess gown from Tsemaye Benite collection, do you think Eku Edewor wore it better than the model? Having in mind she worked with a stylist and this is more of a finished looked. But the dress is exactly the same, have a look and let’s know what you think.
Lastly there is just something too familiar about Seyi Shay’s dress. She is rocking this number by House of CB and was styled by Moashy Styling. You might see the resemblance to the Alexandre Vauthier Spring 2014 Couture yellow satin gown that Rihanna wore at the Clive Davies Annual Pre-Grammy Event. The same dress that Kylie Jenner wore at the 2014 MTV VMAs.
Who killed the look? The Lady in Yellow, Black or Purple?