Presidency Denies Calling Off Osinbajo’s Trip To India Because Of Saraki

share on:
Buhari's Health: Saraki Denies Link In Alleged Plot To Remove Osinbajo As Nigerian Governors Meet

The Presidency has reacted to an allegation that Vice President Yemi Osinbajo’s trip to India had been cancelled for fear that the embattled Senate President Bukola Saraki may become the acting President.

READ ALSO: Scared Of Saraki Becoming Acting President? Osinbajo Cancels Trip To India

 

Reacting to the development on Sunday, the presidency through the media aide to the Vice President, Mr. Laolu Akande said the report is untrue.

The statement read: “Nigeria has been invited to the Indian/African summit and the minister of industry, trade and investment will be leading a delegation to the event.

“There is nothing like cancellation. Remember that the visit of the Vice President to any country is not treated in secrecy.

“Whenever the Vice President is to travel out of the country, we inform Nigerians. “So, this story in question is a bunch of speculation. There is no cancellation”.

Akande also made it clear that the minister of industry, trade and investment, Mr. Okey Enalemah would be leading a delegation of Nigerians to the Summit.

Correspondingly, another Presidency source, who pleaded to be nameless, said that it was an unwritten rule that the President and Vice President could not be outside the country at the same time.

The source said it was wrong to think that cancelling Osinbajo’s trip had anything to do with Saraki, adding that the unwritten rule preceded the present administration.

“If the President is travelling on Monday and will return on Tuesday, how many hours are you expecting Saraki to begin to wield the powers of a President?” he said.

Datboyjerry

Datboyjerry

I am but your herald boy in the art of the pen.. An eccentric Environmental Biologist smouldered in the glorious epiphany of online journalism.

If you ever find my article unduly insipid, sue me and i’ll refund you…

Leave a Reply