Nigerian Army Captures A Boko Haram Spy, 3 Others Involved In Madalla Bombing [Photos]

share on:
240 Boko Haram Suspects Including 29 Children Died In Giwa Barracks – Amnesty International

The Nigerian Army yesterday stated that it has arrested a man accused of spying for Boko Haram, along with three suspected accomplices who were involved in the deadly church bombing in Madalla over five years ago.

4 Boko Haram informants arrested by the headquarters of 33 Artillery Brigade, Nigerian Army, Bauchi
The four Boko Haram informants arrested by the headquarters of 33 Artillery Brigade, Nigerian Army, Bauchi

The headquarters of 33 Artillery Brigade, Nigerian Army, Bauchi paraded the suspects as Victor Moses, Abubakar Shettima, Salisu Mohammed Bello and Umar Sadiq Madaki.

READ ALSO: Troops Rescue 1,890 Hostages From Boko Haram Enclaves

According to information gathered, one of the arrested informants, Moses was said to have carried out surveillance at the Madalla church before it was bombed.

One of the men accused of spying for Boko Haram
One of the men accused of spying for Boko Haram

Brigadier-General Abraham Dusu, who commands the Bauchi artillery brigade, said Moses “confessed to conducting surveillance for Boko Haram” from a shop near the St Theresa Roman Catholic Church in Madalla, near Abuja.

A man accused of spying for Boko Haram, he was arrested by the headquarters of 33 Artillery Brigade, Nigerian Army, Bauchi
A man accused of spying for Boko Haram, he was arrested by the headquarters of 33 Artillery Brigade, Nigerian Army, Bauchi

Speaking on the matter to the chief of army staff General Tukur Buratai, Disu said Moses, who was from the central state of Benue, aroused suspicion among locals in Bauchi, who in turn alerted the military.

He said: “Our troops on duty arrested Victor Moses after receiving a report from people in the area that the suspect had been loitering around the mosque claiming he was a Christian and wanted to convert to Islam,”

“But he was not from the area, they suspected him and reported to our men”.

It will be recalled, at least 44 worshipers were killed when a bomb ripped through St Theresa’s on December 25, 2011 in what was Boko Haram’s deadliest attack on Christian places of worship.

The Islamic death cult later claimed responsibility for the Christmas Day attack, which was one of several over the festive period.

Datboyjerry

Datboyjerry

I am but your herald boy in the art of the pen.. An eccentric Environmental Biologist smouldered in the glorious epiphany of online journalism. If you ever find my article unduly insipid, sue me and i’ll refund you...

Leave a Reply