Bale and Marcelo fit for Celta Vigo clash – Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane has revealed that both Gareth Bale and Marcelo will be available for the club’s match with Celta Vigo.
Bale had been out for almost two months following an injury early in January, and Zidane expressed his delight at having him back in the squad.
“The first thing is that Gareth will be in the squad tomorrow,” Zidane said. “That is very good, makes us very happy, the fans too. The important thing is that he is with us, with Real Madrid.”
Zidane also revealed that midfield duo Toni Kroos and Luka Modric would not be available for the clash.
“Modric will not be in the squad, Marcelo will,” Zidane said. “I do not want to take risks as we have Tuesday’s game and Luka is not yet ready to play. Kroos is not in the squad tomorrow as he has the flu and is not ready.”
“I’m focused on tomorrow’s game, in our national league, and the players’ objective is to win tomorrow’s game,” he said. “Then we will prepare for Tuesday. Tomorrow is a game to put our best team on the pitch. I do not look to Tuesday yet.”