The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna has announced that the admission application form for its 2016/2017 academic session, 68th Regular Course (RC) of the institution is out.
Nigerian Defence Academy 68th regular course admission application form, which has been available for sale since January 26, will be disabled on March 15, 2016 as the admission is open to both MALE and FEMALE Nigerians.
Prospective candidates are hereby urged to visit link www.ndaapplications.net for their registration.
The requirements for various undergraduate degree programmes are as detailed in the NDA applications portal, as well as in the JAMB website.
All other information concerning degree courses, eligibility and examination centres are as contained in the NDA applications portal.
1. To be eligible for admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy, a candidate must have the following:
- Minimum of 5 Credit passes at SSCE (WAEC or NECO) or GCE O/L obtained in not more than 2 sittings relevant to the Faculty of their choices
- Credit in English Language and Mathematics
- At least one supporting relevant credit to the compulsory credits in faculty of Arts and Social Sciences and Faculty of Science. However, only one supporting relevant credit is required in the Faculty of Engineering
- Be at least 17 years old and not more than 21 years old at the time of entry into the Academy
- Note that Nigerian Airforce candidates must be between 17 and 18years old at entry
- Must not be less than 1.68 metres tall for male and 1.50 metres for female
- Must be medically and physically fit and must be of good moral character
- Must be single male or female without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals
- Present a Certificate of Origin obtained from a Local Government Area and a Certificate of State indigene ship from the Office of the State Governor is desirable
2. Furthermore, candidates are to note the following:
- Awaiting results are not qualified. Results not submitted with the application for will not be accepted
- Only examination results of 5 years from date will be accepted
- Currently, admission into the academy is for both male and female Nigerians only
Method of Application
- Interested candidates are urged to go online and complete the application on the application portal www.ndaapplications.net.
- Select “Purchase Access Code” and fill in their details to pay for their application via REMITA after first obtaining their ORDER ID and REMITA Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code in the sum of N3,000.00 only.
- Please note that only payment against RRR Codes generated via the application portal would be accepted.
- Applicants applying for admission into NDA MUST also apply to the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), and carefully select Nigerian Defence Academy as their choice of university.
- Such applicants are expected to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME).
Submission of Application
- Applications should be submitted online. On completion of the online application, candidates are to download an Acknowledgement Form.
- Upon release of the JAMB results, candidates should return to the applications portal and download their Examination Admission Card.
- Only candidates who make the JAMB national cut-off mark will have access to print out the Examination Admission Card.
The requirements for various undergraduate degree programmes are as detailed in the NDA website/applications portal. All other information concerning degree courses, eligibility and examination centres are as contained in the NDA website / applications portal.
Only candidates who meet the JAMB national cutoff mark will be eligible to sit for the NDA Entrance Examination at their Examination Centre of choice.
The examination will be conducted as an Entrance Examination (similar to Post-UTME examination in conventional universities), and is scheduled to hold on Saturday 23 April 2016.
Therefore, all eligible candidates are to bring along their Acknowledgement Form, Examination Admission Card, JAMB result slip and TWO (2) postcard sized (3.5 x 5 inches) photographs to the Examination Centre on the examination date.
The photographs should show only from the chest upwards and should contain the candidate’s Name, Exam number, State, Exam Centre, Course of study and Signature at the back. Only successful candidates at the NDA Entrance Examination will subsequently be invited for the Armed Forces Selection Board following which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
Nature and Duration of Training
Admitted candidates into NDA for the Regular Course will undergo military and academic training as Officer Cadets for a duration of 5 years. On successful completion of training, graduands will earn a honours degree in a core discipline (BSc, BEng, BA). They will equally earn a commission into the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
Regular Course cadets will train in NDA. All aspects of the cadets’ administration and logistics will be borne by the Federal Government.
In response to requests from candidates for reference materials, the Academy has offered a Compendium of Past Questions & Answers at a token fee to interested candidates. This can be purchased from the Registry Department, NDA.
Here are tweets from the site’s portal @NdaRegular below:
Please for issues, DO NOT Call for support, disregard the previous email and send issues to NDASUPPORT@COMSOFTLTD.COM
Save your application section by section till you get to the end, That way, you can detect which part exactly is giving you errors.
For applicants who are still unable to save, After each section of the application form. Try saving first before moving to the next
Candidates for Engineering Courses must score at least 210 in JAMB.
Candidates cannot use previous Jamb scores !!!
The correct format for the date of birth is DD-MM-YYYY. Using a dash (-). kindly try now as it has been resolved and give us a feedback !
Some applicants have issues with the DOB because your age is ineligible to apply.. Kindly read the eligibility requirement before applying
For further information, follow @NDARegular or visit hashtag #NdaRegular2016.
Still not clear! send me your comments below.