With barely a day after the sacking of about 26 chief executives of parastatals by President Muhammadu Buhari’s government, strong indications have emerged on Tuesday, February 16, that more directors-general may soon be removed from office.
According to The Guardian reports, about 20 more heads of federal government parastatals may soon be removed from office due to reports of widespread mismanagement of their agencies as well as financial malpractices.
It was gathered that the president has been allegedly under pressure from his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) to sack all heads of federal government parastatals so that party members who worked to ensure the success of the party at the 2015 polls would have job opportunities.
“Those affected in Tuesday’s shakeup are cited as Grade A agencies while the sweeping broom will reach Grade B and C agencies soon”, a source said.
The APC chairman, John Oyegun had earlier said that the sacked 26 head of parastatals, of which majority were appointee of the former president, Goodluck Jonathan, have been compromised and were sabotaging Buhari’s government.