The management of the National Youth Service Corps, (NYSC) has issued a very important message on its website to all Part-Time Graduates that wish to get NYSC exclusion certificates.
The publication on NYSC On-line portal reads:
“All Part-Time Graduates are hereby informed that, for them to get NYSC exclusion certificates, they should go online to register like their full-time counterparts and print their letters of Exlusion OnlineNYSC Important Notice to PartTime Graduates.”
Visit link: http://portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc/VerifySenateLists
For prospective corps members, who have discovered any error on their details, you are urged to contact your institutions for amendment.
There are so many factors that may not allow you to see your name on-line:-
- If your school is yet to upload, you cannot see your name
- If you search your name with matriculation number or surname different with the one uploaded by your school
- If you don’t have a valid jamb number
- If your jamb number is regularized and you fail to validate it from jamb database
- If the name you are using in school is different from the name you used when registering jamb
If you are found guilty of any of the above, please kindly contact your different institutions for rectification.
Also, bear in mind that the NYSC On-line registration portal will be opened from Monday 8th February to Sunday 28th February, 2016 to enable registration for the 2016 Batch ‘A’ mobilization.
READ ALSO: We Won’t Scrap NYSC Scheme – FG
In order to ensure a seamless registration, prospective corps members are to note the following for strict compliance:
2. Prospective Corps members should ensure that they have functional e-mail addresses that they can access and Nigerian (GSM) telephone numbers with which to register.
3. Locally trained prospective Corps members are expected to use correct Matriculation numbers to register
4. For locally-trained graduates, only those whose names appear in the Senate/Academic Board Approved Result lists uploaded by their Institutions will have access to register on the NYSC portal.
5. Foreign-trained prospective corps members should ensure that their Institutions are accredited. Where in doubt, it is their responsibility to approach Federal Ministry of Education for verification. The letter of verification must be uploaded during registration.
6. Those who graduated from Institutions outside Nigeria, (Foreign-trained graduates), are to visit the NYSC portal, register and upload the following documents:
A. West African School Certificate(WASC) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or General Certificate of Education (GCE O’ Level) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or NECO (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or High School Diploma or its equivalent.
B. First Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate (Second Degree or Ph.D not necessary).
C. Transcript of the first Degree or HND.
D. International travelling Passport showing data page and date of departure for the course of study.
7. It is the responsibility of the prospective corps members who studied in non-English speaking countries to get their Certificates and Transcripts translated into English language before uploading.
8. All graduates of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Physiotheraphy, Radiology, Optometry, Medical Laboratory Science and Pharmacy are expected to have their Certificates of Registration with their professional bodies. Payment receipts are not acceptable.
9. Unlike in the past, Foreign-trained graduates should NOT visit NYSC Headquarters, Abuja for verification of their documents. This exercise will now be done at the Orientation Camps. They should simply print their call-up letters on-line and report at the Orientation camps in their States of deployment, but should come to the camp with the original documents they uploaded for verification.
10. Anybody who presents any fake document will be demobilized and decamped.
11. Prospective corps members should ensure that Passport photographs used meet the following specifications:
A. Ensure your face (eyes, nose, ears, mouth and jaw) is fully shown without bending
B. Ensure the picture fills the frame and centralized
C. Ensure the Photo background is white or off-white with no shadow.
12. On no account should prospective corps members register by PROXY. They should also remember the fingers used for their biometric capturing as these will be used for verification at the orientation camps. Those who cannot be verified with their biometric at the orientation camp will not be registered.
13. Only prospective corps members who want their call-up numbers sent to them through SMS and wish to PRINT their call-up letters on-line are expected to pay the sum of Three Thousand Naira (N3,000.00) (see NYSC Portal on how to make payment).
14. Prospective Corps members who do not want to pay the N3,000.00 have the option of going to their schools to collect their call-up numbers and call-up letters.
15. All prospective corps members who paid for the online registration before but were not mobilized need not pay again.
16. Married female prospective corps members (whether locally or foreign-trained) should upload copies of their marriage Certificates, evidence of Change of name and their husbands’ place of domicile during registration.
17. The orientation camp is highly not ideal for pregnant and nursing mothers. Prospective corps members in this categoriy are therefore to note that they will not be accommodated.
18. Prospective corps members who graduated from Institutions located in the following Geo-Political Zones with challenges related to registration should contact the following Telephone Numbers between 8th and 27th February, 2016:
A. North Central -08092142614
B. North East – 08102790538
C. North West – 08092142661
D. South East -09038034460
E. South West – 07019190810
F. South South – 08092142616
19. All Part-time graduates are expected to register online and wait for collection of their Letter of Exclusion at their various Institutions. For those willing to print the Letter of Exclusion online, this can be done on payment of Three Thousand Naira (N3, 000.00) only.
NB:PLEASE NOTE THAT ONCE THE PORTAL IS CLOSED ON SUNDAY, 28TH FEBRUARY 2016, THERE WILL BE NO FURTHER REGISTRATION.
Still not clear, drop your comments below and I will attend to it…