Top Stories You Missed – Nigerian Governors Say They Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage/Nigerian Soldiers Did Not Go Missing/States In Nigeria Wanted By Biafra/And More…..

share on:

Here are the Top Stories You Missed This Week

Nigerian Governors Cry Out: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage

State governors under the auspices of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum have lamented that they can no longer pay the N18,000 minimum wage, saying that it was imposed on them when oil sold for $126 as against the present price of $41 per barrel.

Speaking during the forum’s meeting held on Wednesday, November 18, inside the old Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja, the NGF Chairman, Abdul’aziz Yari of Zamfara State, said  the way out of the situation was the diversification of the economy with attention to agriculture and mining.

The governor said, “We resolved that we must look at ways to enhance revenue generation and at the same time look at ways to cut our overhead costs, more especially the political office holders’ salaries and other overhead expenses.

READ: Nigerian Governors Cry Out “We Can No Longer Pay Minimum Wage”

One New Ebola Case Surfaced In Liberia – WHO

The World Health Organization (WHO) has on Friday, November 20, confirmed that a new case of the deadly Ebola virus has surfaced in Liberia, which was declared Ebola free in September, this year.

“There is one confirmed case,” WHO spokesman Tarik Jasarevic told AFP, without providing much details.

The West African nation, which was first declared Ebola free in May 2015, witnessed the fever resurfaced six weeks later, and again in September.

READ: One New Ebola Case Surfaced In Liberia – WHO

#BringBackOurSoldiers: Our Soldiers Went For A Mission, They Are Back And Fine – Nigerian Army Reacts

The Nigerian Army has denied reports that about 105 soldiers, who were fighting the war against Boko Haram terrorists, met their untimely death, when they failed to return in a bid to annihilate the terrorists on Wednesday November 18, 2015 in Gudunbali, Borno.

According to Vanguard reports, the Chief of Army staff, Lt. General Tukur Buratai has waved aside such reports claiming that the media had been misinformed with news that about 100 Nigerian soldiers were missing after Boko Haram attacks in the battle ground.

In a phone chat with the online publication, Buratai said: “It is not true that our soldiers are missing. The soldiers went on a mission for the Nigerian nation and they have since returned and joined their Battalions”.

READ:  #BringBackOurSoldiers: Our Soldiers Went For A Mission, They Are Back And Fine – Nigerian Army Reacts

FG To Kick-Off Payment Of N5,000 Monthly Stipend To Vulnerable Nigerians From 2016

The Nigerian government has commenced plans to start the payment of N5,000 monthly allowance for unemployed and vulnerable Nigerians as from 2016.

According to The Punch, the federal government had put in place some top officials with the task of ascertaining the number of the unemployed youths, who would benefit from the scheme, as steps have been taken to capture the free school feeding program as indicated in the 2016 budget.

READ: FG To Kick-Off Payment Of N5,000 Monthly Stipend To Vulnerable Nigerians From 2016

JAMB’s New Admission Policy: Senate Summons Registrar, Requires UTME Results Valid For 3 Years

The Nigerian senate haD on Tuesday, November 17, summoned the leadership of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, to provide answers to its controversial admission policy, The Nation reports.

The committee on Education was urged by the senate to inquire into the circumstances surrounding the new policy including allegations of favouritism and to review the power of JAMB in relation to admission, urging the body to consult widely with Parents Teachers Association, Academic Staff Union of Universities and other stakeholders in the education sector with a view to coming up with a friendlier, holistic, comprehensive and sustainable admission policy.

READ: JAMB’s New Admission Policy: Senate Summons Registrar, Requires UTME Results Valid For 3 Years

12 States In Nigeria Wanted By Biafra Agitators (List)

Hundreds of supporters of pro-Biafra groups on Thursday, November 12, marched through major streets in Owerri, Imo State and called for the release of Mr. Nnamdi Kanu, the acclaimed operator of Radio Biafra.

There have been, in recent times renewed calls for the realization of the Republic of Biafra by members of the Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) in Nigeria and outside the country.

READ: List Of States Wanted By Biafran Agitators

Missing $20Bn: You Were Busted For National Interest – Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani

The Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, has reacted to recent claims by Nigeria’s former Petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke, over the alleged disappearance of $20 billion during the immediate past president Goodluck Jonathan’s tenure.

It would be recalled, Diezani had in a recent interview with The Boss Newspaper, implied that the Emir may have made the allegation against her following his failed attempt to head the African Development Bank.

Reacting to her comments, Emir Sanusi, while speaking with Sunday Telegraph, said his allegations against Diezani were not based on personal sentiments, but out of a genuine concern for the looting of the nation’s coffers.

READ: Missing $20Bn: You Were Busted For National Interest – Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani

 

Wendiva Blaze

Wendiva Blaze

I’m just a vibe you won’t find anywhere else. That Sanguine Sapio-sexual. I Love 360nobs Pop Culture Journalist/ Publicist/ Presenter

Leave a Reply