Ranked by Forbes magazine as the 67th richest person in the world and the richest in Africa and recently named among top 100 powerful people in the world, Aliko Dangote’s company – the Dangote Group – is a diversified conglomerate, headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria, with interests across a range of sectors in Africa.
Current interests include cement, sugar, flour, salt, pasta, beverages and real estate, with new projects in development in the oil and Natural gas, telecommunications, fertilizer and steel.
The Dangote Group Nig. includes the following subsidiaries, among others:
1. ALCO International Limited
2. Dangote Nigeria Limited
3. Dangote Transport Limited
4. Dangote Cement Plc. – Listed on Nigeria Stock Exchange and accounts for over 60% of Dangote Group revenue.
5. National Salt Company of Nigeria Plc. – Listed on Nigeria Stock Exchange
6. Dangote Flour Mills Plc. – Listed on Nigeria Stock Exchange
7. Dangote Sugar Refinery Plc. – Listed on Nigeria Stock Exchange
8. Dangote Oil & Gas Industries International
9. Dangote Textiles Limited
10. Dangote Holdings Limited
11. Blue Star Limited
12. Dansa Foods Limited
13. Dansa Food Processing Limited
14. Dancom Technologies
15. GreenView International Company Limited – invested US$28+ million in cement factory in Ghana.
16. Sephaku Cement Limited – Dangote Group has 64% shareholding in this South African cement company.
17. Alheri Engineering Limited
18. Kura Holdings Limited