Adele will be releasing her third album, 25, tomorrow Nov 20. It has already been ordered over 200,000 times in the US alone and is projected to sell 2 million copies in its first week.
Critics have already started giving it rave reviews, with Telegraph awarding it five stars. I thought to bring you some facts about the album as we anticipate its release.
- Here’s the full track list of Adele’s 25: “Hello,” “Send My Love (To Your New Lover),” “I Miss You,” “When We Were Young,” “Remedy,” “Water Under the Bridge,” “River Lea,” “Love in the Dark,” “Million Years Ago,” “All I Ask” and “Sweetest Devotion.”
- 27 year old Adele started writing the album when she was 25, hence the title of the album. This is the same pattern she used in naming albums 19 and 21.
- Adele originally wrote an album about “being a mum,” but scrapped it in favor of 25. “That’s pretty boring,” she told BBC 1 about her initial subject matter.
- She is not writing about her ex of previous album, 21. “If I were still writing about him, that’d be terrible,” Adele told Rolling Stone.
- According to Adele, this is not even about love lost at all. “My last record was a break-up record and if I had to label this one I would call it a make-up record,” Adele wrote in a tweeted note to fans last month. “I’m making up with myself. Making up for lost time. Making up for everything I ever did and never did.”
- Adele further explained 25‘s vibe in a SiriusXM interview: “There is some darkness on it, just because I like to do dramatic. I’m a bit of a drama queen. … This record is all about how I feel as opposed to how someone else has made me feel. It’s about how I made myself feel.”
- One of her inspirations for this album is Madonna. Referring to Madonna’s Ray of Light, she said “That’s the record Madonna wrote after having her first child,” Adele told RS. “And for me, it’s her best.”
- Six months passed between writing the verses and chorus of first single ‘Hello‘. “We had half a song written,” Kurstin told Rolling Stone. “I just had to be very patient.”
- Ans speaking of ‘Hello’, Adele says it is not about a particular ex either. “It’s not about anyone specifically,” she told i-D. “It’s about friends, ex-boyfriends, it’s about myself, it’s about my family. It’s also about my fans as well.”
- In a radio interview, Adele revealed that her favorite 25 track is “When We Were Young,” she revealed in radio interviews last month, and it’s rumored to be the second single (though a rep for Adele had no comment for Billboard when asked for confirmation).
- Adele collaborated with Bruno Mars on “All I Ask”. She said, “I’ve never sung so hard in my whole life,” she told i-D. “Can you imagine the fun me and Bruno had making that?”
25 drops tomorrow Nov. 20