The Nigerian Senate on Thursday, October 22, screened a former governor of Rivers state, Rotimi Amaechi in the ongoing Ministering screening exercise.
Here are the few questions, he was asked below:
– Can you expose the details of the corruption charges leveled against you?
– What will you do in your first 100 Days as Minister of the Federal republic of Nigeria?
– Can you, in your own view define what corruption is all about?
– Can you tell us what transpired at the Nigerian Governors’ Forum with the political calculations?
– Can you tell us what happened during the Presidential election as the DG of the APC Presidential campaign and how your candidate emerged?
– If appointed as a Minister of the Niger-Delta, tell us the change you will bring on board?
Meanwhile, it was gathered that Amaechi made a statement most Nigerians won’t agree with.
When told to clear his name of corrupt dealings, the ex Rivers state governor says “I have never collected a bribe in my life.” ‘If we keep to the rule of law, allow a Governor to function as a Governor, that will be it’
Rotimi Amaechi is widely perceived in Nigeria to be among the caucus of politicians who are notoriously corrupt and loot the country’s treasury indiscriminately.