President Buhari’s Ministerial list will be revealed on Wednesday, 30th September, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, disclosed yesterday in New York.
Earlier on President Buhari had assured Nigerians that he will release the ministerial list in September, and that Nigerians should exercise patience and wait for the month to be over before criticising.
On APC’s position on the release of the ministerial nominees’ names this month, its National Chairman, Odigie-Oyegun said, “There is no cause for alarm. We are confident the president will keep his promise. He will not disappoint Nigerians on his pledge to provide good governance for the enhancement of the nation.”
The national chairman also assured on the readiness of the party to galvanise support for the speedy approval of the ministerial list when it is presented to the National Assembly. He said the APC members in the National Assembly were already aware of the need to cooperate to ensure that nothing delayed the roll out of the administration.
The delay by the president in the release of the ministerial list has been attributed to a “suffocating pressure” from some powerful political forces requesting him to shift his ground, especially, in relation to the appointment of persons who, though accused of corruption, have not been convicted in court.
Buhari has consistently said he would not appoint people with questionable character as ministers. But this well-intended stand of the president has been exploited by political opponents of whoever is believed to be on the cabinet list, as all sort of petitions sometimes containing spurious allegations have been written against likely nominees.
The news around the release of the ministerial list also comes with rumours of infighting and differences between Obasanjo and APC national leader and former Lagos State governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, over the nomination of ministers.