A smartphone user in China reported to the press that his Xiaomi Redmi 2A device suddenly caught fire while he was receiving a phone call. The victim simply known as Mr. Tang has reported the matter to Xiaomi and the incident is currently being investigated at the moment
According to Chinese Media Mr. Tang bought the phone less than a month ago and was reportedly talking with his wife on call, and in about five minutes, the sound started cracking next up the phone’s body became mysteriously hot and he started to smell something burning. Mr Tang was quick to realize that something was wrong with his phone and immediately threw it on the bathroom floor.
Here are exclusive pictures from the incident.
Mr Tang reported the matter to the Xiaomi after sales outlet after about two hours after the initial incident
The phone has since been sent to Beijing afte for further processing.
This is not the first time we are reporting about smartphones suddenly going on flames.
We are just glad Mr Tang didn’t sustain any injuries in this incident