The Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, with the approval of President Muhammadu Buhari, has announced the appointment of new Group General Managers (GGMs) to man some of the Corporation’s Divisions.
The general manager of the corporation, Ohi Alegbe, in a statement issued in Abuja on August 13 announced the appointment of the new group general managers for some of its departments.
The 15 new General Managers are:
– Mr. Mele Kyari, Crude Oil Marketing Division (COMD)
– Mr. Ahmadu Sambo, NNPC Oilfield Services
– Dr. Surajdeen Bola Afolabi, ITD/SAP
– Mr. Zubair Aliyu, NNPC Capital
– Mr. Dafe Sejebor, Nigerian Petroleum Investment Management Services (NAPIMS)
– Mrs. Kemi Akitoye, Human Resources Division
– Mr. Godwin C. Okonkwo, Finance
– Mr. Bello Rabiu, Corporate Planning Division
– Mr. Anibo Kragha, Treasury
– Mr. Dalhatu Makama, Shipping (Nidas & Nikorma)
– Mr. Samuel Ndukwe, GGM, Power
– Mr. Mike Balami, GGM, Account
– Mr. Yusuf Matashi, GGM, LNG
– Mr. Rabiu Suleiman, GGM, Engineering & Technology
– Dr. Olubunmi Oyetunde; GGM, Medical
The massive shakeup also led to the retirement of 38 senior managers of the corporation, trimming down the number from 122 to 83.
“The exercise, apart from refocusing the corporation in the direction of a leaner and more efficient organisation, has enormous cost-saving benefits,’’ it said.