Some Nigerian banks are beginning to expose the businesses and people behind the mountain of debts threatening to kill the sector.
This is coming on the heels of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) directives on debtors that expired at the weekend, July 31, 2015.
On the list includes companies belonging to some of Nigeria’s most prominent politicians below:
– Former Minister of Finance and National Planning, Kalu Idika Kalu; owes First Bank
– Senator Ayodele Arise and former Minister of State for Works, Mr. Dayo Adeyeye ; owe Unity Bank
– Former Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on the Diaspora, Mrs. Abike Dabiri-Erewa; owes Diamond Bank
– Sir Emeka Offor; owes Diamond Bank N181million
– Former Delta State Commissioner for Sports, Solomon Ogba ; owes Diamond Bank
– Former governor of Adamawa State, Murtala Nyako ; owes Union Bank
– Former chief of defence staff General Domkat Bali; owes Fidelity Bank
– Former presidential aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) ,Sam Nda-Isaiah; owes Enterprise Bank
More banks are expected to follow suit and publish their debtors list this week.