According to reports by Sahara Reporters, all the Group Executive Directors for the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation have been sacked effective immediately.
The GEDs fired are;
- Mr. Ian Udoh leading Refining and Petrochemicals,
- Mr. Adebayo Ibirogba leading the Engineering and Technical team,
- Dr. David Ige leading Gas and Power,
- Dr. Attahir Yusuf leading Business Development;
- Dr. Dan Efebo leading Corporate Services,
- Mr. Bernard Otti in charge of Finance and Accounts,
- Ms. Aisha Abdurrahman leading Commerce and Investments, and
- Mr. Joseph Dawha leading Exploration and Production.
They were all appointed in March 2014 by the then President, Goodluck Jonathan.
This new development comes less than 24 hours after President Buhari appointed a new Director General for the NNPC, Mr.Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu.