The defunct Joint Task Force (JTF) in the Northeast of Nigeria has placed a ransom on 19 leaders and commanders of the Boko Haram group.
According to The Nation report, the list comprised five members of the Shurra Committee – the highest making body of the sect – and 14 Boko Haram commanders.
However, one of the Shurra Committee members, Mohammed Zangina was alleged to have been killed in a shoot-out with the JTF in Maiduguri. With Zangina out, those still wanted are four members of the Shurra Committee of the sect are:
– Imam Abubakar Shekau (N50million)
– Habibu Yusuf (a.k.a Asalafi) N25million
– Khalid Albarnawai (N25million)
– Momodu Bama (N25 million)
The Boko Haram Commanders being sought for by the JTF are:
– Abu Saad (N10million)
– Abba Kaka (N10million)
– Abdulmalik Bama (N10million)
– Umar Fulata(N10million)
– Alhaji Mustapha (Massa)
– Ibrahim (N10million)
– Abubakar Suleiman-Habu (a.k.a Khalid) N10million
– Hassan Jazair N10million
– Ali Jalingo (N10million)
– Alhaji Musa Modu (N10million)
– Bashir Aketa (N10million)
– Abba Goroma (N10million)
– Ibrahim Bashir (N10million)
– Abubakar Zakariya (N10million)
– Tukur Ahmed Mohammed (N10million)
Information gathered shows that the list has been out since November 23, 2012.