What You Need:
½ cup of coconut oil
½ cup of cocoa butter
½ cup of shea butter
½ cup of sweet almond oil
1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil
2-4 drops of peppermint essential oil
1. Place coconut oil, cocoa butter and shea butter in a medium sized pot over low heat. Stir to mix combination until it melts completely. When it has melted, remove from fire.
2. Mix in the sweet almond, vitamin E and peppermint oils thoroughly.
3. Place in the refrigerator for an hour or two, just enough for the mixture to firm up without getting too hard.
4. Remove from the fridge and use a stand or hand mixer to mix until you get a decadent whipped constituency. Scoop into a jar or a container.
For children, use lavender oil instead of peppermint oil which is more suitable and highly recommended to be used for kids. This homemade body butter can last for 6-12 months as long as you used quality oils in preparing it.
Essential oils may seem very difficult to get in Nigeria (maybe it actually is). In order to help your search become easier, I’ve gone online to find some shops that sell these essential oils in Lagos and you can get your goods delivered everywhere else in Nigeria.
1. You can also find the jiji.com.ng, jumia.com.ng and of course Konga.
2. Vconnect.com and businesslist.com.ng also has a list of places, especially spas, where you can shop for your essential oils.
Tip: put in an attractive container and you can retail it off or give it out as gifts. This body butter soothes the skin and with the pleasant aroma, it is sure to lift your spirit, help you unwind especially after a hard day. Don’t forget to store in a cool dry place but if it melts, just re-chill and whip it up again.
Tutorial and Image Credit: Addiction bbm channel