15-Year-Old Girl Who Was Gang Raped, Commits Suicide After Parental Rebuke

share on:

Residents of Okwoyi village, Isieke community in Umuahia, Abia state, have reportedly basked in the ambiance of shock, rage and confusion over the death of a 15-year-old girl, who committed suicide after being ganged-raped by three boys.

The deceased, Comfort Uche-Ume, was allegedly raped by three boys; Ndubuisi Nwogu, Chinaza Ufomadu, and Francis Onwoboro who are currently on the run.

Information gathered shows that the deceased, a native of Amaeke Abam in Arochukwu LGA of the state, who just wrote the JSS3 Junior WAEC examinations, was dragged to a nearby bush where they gang-raped her, threatening to kill her if she raised any alarm.

Confirming the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Ezekiel Onyeke said the police had declared the suspected rapists WANTED.

According to Police report, when the sister of the deceased returned home, she met her crying and after enquiries, Comfort narrated her ordeal to her.

Angered by the sexual assault on her sister, she was said to have informed her husband, who quickly rushed to confront one of the suspects and engaged him in a fistfight.

Police further disclosed that she was later brought to Umuahia Central Police Station around 9pm by her parents to officially report the matter and afterwards she was taken to the police clinic for examination and medical attention.

The parents however pleaded that they should be allowed to take her home, promising to return the next morning since it was getting late so that they could still get transport home.

Police report said, “But instead of returning as they promised, the parents never showed up. The mother of the deceased rather decided to scold her over the incident.

“The mother mismanaged the situation. She said to her ‘Have I not warned you not to go to Okwoyi village alone? Now three men have raped you and if you become pregnant, who will be the father of the baby?’

“On Tuesday morning, the mother of the victim allegedly went to her room again and started talking to her. She later invited her for the family’s morning devotion, but she declined.”

The incident took place Friday last week, the police official said.

While the family began to hold their morning devotion the next day – about 20 minutes later – a shout was heard outside the house and the family members rushed out.

Lo and behold! the lifeless body of their daughter, who was reportedly seen leaving her room with a veil across her shoulders, dangling on a guava tree beside their house.

She had committed suicide!

According to the Police, the deceased might have decided to take her life out of frustration and possible stigmatisation.



I am but your herald boy in the art of the pen.. An eccentric Environmental Biologist smouldered in the glorious epiphany of online journalism. If you ever find my article unduly insipid, sue me and i’ll refund you...

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.