If you are conversant with the entertainment industry and Lagos nightlife, then Shina Peller’s name will not be strange to you. He is the owner of the popular Lagos-based nightclub, Quilox. The son of late Professor Abiola Peller, popularly known then as Africa’s greatest magician.
Apart from being the offspring of a popular and successful father, here are eight other things about Shina Peller you might not know.
1. He is the Group chairman and group chief executive officer of Aquila group of companies a diversified conglomerate, based in Nigeria, with business interests and subsidiary in neighboring West African countries. His is also known as one of the youngest entrepreneurs in Nigeria.
2. He studied Chemical Engineering at Ladoke Akintola University of technology, Ogbomosho Nigeria and later on, obtained a Masters degree in Business Management from the same university.
3. Despite his love for partying and the nightlife, he is religious. He shut down his club, Quilox during the Ramadan season in 2014 so that Muslims will use the holy period to draw closer to God.
4. His late dad, Professor Peller dad was his closest friend. In an interview with Orukpe Nelson, Shina reveals that he misses his dad every day “because he was my closest friend…He was playful and funny. When you have a father with such qualities, you will definitely miss him when he is no more.”
5. He is an oil and gas tycoon. Peller is all sorts of entrepreneurial. He is the boss and CEO of Aquila Oil and Gas.
6. He has a brother, Kayode Joseph who was once a magician like their father but is now a bishop of a fast growing Christian ministry, Finger of God Ministries.
7. He is a philanthropist and has a foundation called Help the Blind and Handicap Foundation that helps widows, handicap and orphans by empowering them through scholarships and business grants. He has also funded the establishment and construction of mosques throughout the country.
8. Recently, as is in his nature, he was caught doing good deeds on his birthday. The celebration which was a four-day affair was kicked off with a visit to the underprivileged at Pacelli School for the Blind and Partially Sighted as well as the Lagos State Motherless Babies Home.
On Day 2, the celebrations moved to Club Quilox. It was star-studded and supported by Remy Martin. Celebsin attendance were Dbanj, Banky W, Olamide, Jay JayOkocha, Phyno, upfront and personal’s Paul Okoye, NFF President AmajuPinnick, Basket Mouth, Bovi, CDQ,Lynx just to mention a few. Music was supplied by DJ Xclusive and Quilox’s resident disk Jockey DJ Consequence. The performances by CEO dancer “EzinneAsinugo” and the Soul Sisters, Aquila Record’s Base One, Olamide,Phyno, Lil Kesh, CDQ was rounded off with a spectacular performance of “Feeling the Nigga” by Dbanj dedicated to the man of the hour “ShinaPeller”.
The third day had the celebrations moved to a private beach attended Shina’s closest friends and family. It was an all-white affair on Sunday the 17th of May. Skales and other Aquila based musician perfromed. DJ consequence as there to spice up the party which was supported by Ciroc and MTV Base.
Finally on Day 4 of the celebrations close friend of Shina Peller, legendary artist K1 De Ultimate, delivered a 5 star performance and brought the house down as he performed and closed the birthday festivities which didn’t come to an end until 7am.