A top Presidency official, on Tuesday disclosed that soldiers might take over the responsibility of guarding the Presidential villa very soon as a lieutenant who will be leading 21 other military personnel had already been transferred to the Strike Force with an instruction to take over from the DSS officials.
According to the source, ‘it looks like soldiers will now run the Strike Force for President Muhammadu Buhari’.
“DSS officials are the ones that have been serving in the Strike Force. “With this development military personnel will take over from them henceforth.
“We are aware that the situation is causing palpable tension as there is a possibility of a showdown. But we are working hard to ensure that the situation does not degenerate,” he said.
In the same vein, another official confirmed this development. According to him, plans are in place to change the new Presidential Villa’s Administrative Officer, who was deployed by the DSS about two weeks ago and replaced with a military officer.
He said all DSS officials currently serving inside the Presidential Villa are not sure of their fate yet.
“The truth is that we are not sure of anything yet. Whichever way, we will only act based on signals from our headquarters whether to leave or remain inside the Villa,” he said.
If we recall, President Buhari revealed that he turned down the transfer of 253 DSS operatives to the presidential villa because he hasn’t yet forgiven them for hate campaigning against him during the last general elections.