Pioneers of the #BringBringBackOurGirls group, who for more than a year ago have been crusading for the release of the Chibok girls, who were abducted by the dreaded and deadly Boko Haram sect, are planning a march to the presidential villa to step up the call for action by government.
According to a senior member of the group, Aisha Yusufu, a letter, which was sent to the office of the president about 10 days ago, have not been responded to.
The letter, which was written to President Muhammadu Buhari by the group was aimed at finding out how his government plans on pursing the release of the girl held captives by Boko Haram.
She said that the government needed to convince the people that they were serious about rescuing the girls as their families and Nigerians have suffered enough and are expectant. The government needed to show that it cared for the well-being of its citizens.
Mrs Yusuf was also displeased with the president for not addressing the nation during the World Refugee Day considering that the nation had thousands of refugees displaced in Cameroon and Niger Republic.
She said: “The world celebrated the World Refugees Day on Saturday and it is disappointing that the President did not deem it fit to address the country, instead, we are flooded with pictures of him in Daura visiting his cows. It is really unfortunate that Nigerians are suffering and he did not have a single word of comfort for them.
“ We wrote to him over 11 days ago as a group about meeting with him, so that he can tell us what he has been doing so far about rescuing the Chibok girls and ending the insurgency in the Northeast but unfortunately we have not received any reply from him, we are going to be embarking on a protest march to the Presidency, so that as citizens, we will know what is being done in our country.”