The issuing authority for National Identity, the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has set Sept. 1, 2015 for all transactions involving the identification of individuals must be done with the National Identification Number (NIN).
As a result, the NIN will be a means of identification for major transactions in the country.
For you to register for your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card Online, here are the 8 simple procedures below:
1. From NIMC’s homesite (http://www.nimc.gov.ng/) click on the “register from home picture”. Alternatively you can go to www.ninenrol.gov.ng to be welcomed to the National Identification Number (NIN) pre-registration portal.
2. Create your National Identification Number (NIN) enrollment profile on the pre-registration portal www.ninenrol.gov.ng.
3. Sign into the National Identification Number (NIN) pre-registration portal www.ninenrol.gov.ng and fill in biodata.
4. Print out the pre-registration slip gotten from www.ninenrol.gov.ng and take it to the nearest enrollment Centre.
5. At the enrollment Centre, the enrollment officer scans barcode to pull up the applicant data.
6. Applicant verifies his/her data and has his/her photograph, finger print captured
7. Applicant has his supporting documents scanned
8. Enrollment is acknowledged and a slip is generated and given indicating completion of enrollment.